General Interior ceiling light

Currently reading:
General Interior ceiling light

Does anyone knoe whether the front ceiling light unit operates off the Body Control Module, or whether it's just wired more basically?

Mine is occasionally moody. The main (centre) light comes on when the door is open and goes out when the door is closed and/or locked (after the usual delay) and I can turn it on anytime by using the button.. so that looks fine... but the two spots for the driver and passenger only really work when they want to.

If I press the buttons, the passenger spot nearly always comes on, but the driver's side may or may not. Switching either of them off once they're on only works about 5% of the time. The driver's spot, has no bulb in it now.. since it practically never goes out. The passenger side was reasonably predictable but lately has stopped turning off, unless I get lucky.

The other evening, I accidentally managed to switch it on, while looking for the middle button and it took ages to turn it off. It seems you're more likely to have success if the middle light is also on.. but it took ages to get them both to go out. While I was trying to get the lights to go out, the rear light unit became illuminated, even though I was nowhere near it.. which is why I think it's haunted, or it's the BCM.

The switch is a replacement, donated by a member on here, which worked fine initially but now seems to be regressing to how it was before.. so I'm not sure what the cause is. Could be the switch panel itself.. but the symptoms are definitely strange (the lights come on but don't go out)..

Anybody got any suggestions that don't involve a priest and holy water?

Ralf S.

Back