Styling new grande punto.. where to start?!

Currently reading:
Styling new grande punto.. where to start?!

gav prodigy

i have just bought a new grande punto 1.4 8v (well new being 07) i want to get it lowered. i take it a few people here have had theirs lowered. how much does it cost and how many mms you get it lowered by?

i just want to start moddin' it up as soon as :)

nice one all :)

Last edited:
heloooo,

I think the avrige people say it about 40mm drop and they are quight expensive! i think i saw a set on ebay for £105-£150 and thats ebay!

ahh that's alright i suppose, i want a garage to do it as i don't have the proper tools to take my springs off n stuff. 40mm sounds good tho :)

ahh that's alright i suppose, i want a garage to do it as i don't have the proper tools to take my springs off n stuff. 40mm sounds good tho :)

oooo a garige ay, hope you are frends with 1 cos they charge like £50 a hour, im just lukey i helped put a MOT bay in the garige i got 2 otherwise id be screeeeeewed lol

yeah man that's what i'm thinkin'. don't want it to end up costing me £300.00 for £150.00 worth of parts lol!

i might start ringing round garages n stuff to see what they can do, maybe get a million quotes and pick the cheapest ! ha

yeah man that's what i'm thinkin'. don't want it to end up costing me £300.00 for £150.00 worth of parts lol!

i might start ringing round garages n stuff to see what they can do, maybe get a million quotes and pick the cheapest ! ha

nice 1! thats rely the best that can be done micanics are rite crooks :mad:

Hmmm id say look around the forum and see what you can come up with, as you said some people have had it done i wouldent think it is that hard but hay iv never done it so...

Best of luck dude! lets just hope some 1 that has lowerd theres comments this tred(y)

nice one man !! :)

i got springs for my punto mk2 sporting £110 then i got a small local garage to lower it the charge was £100 it aint that expensive.most of the guys that had their cars lowered on this forum all drive actives which do sit exceeding high only one guy that i know of has lowered his 1.4 16v sporting most of the sporting owners keep it as standard:)

Hi Gav I got my sporting lowered last year at Revolution motorstore in gateshead. Eibach springs supplied and fitted for just under £200 (y)
Give them a ring and ask for a price .http://www.revolution.eu.com/.
OHH and welcome to the forum :)

its not hard to change your springs, i've got all the tools, i'd do it for you if you didn't live far away. lol, all you need is a set of spring compressors.

yeah i head not having spring compressors is the best way to lose an eye.. or even a face, cheers k2evo much appreciated mate, gunna get it sorted soon as like defo. £200.00 sounds good, i've not done anything to it yet i just want it sitting lower than it is to start off with defo. glad you live close like mate pretty sound recommendation.

forum seems pretty sweet like cheers man (y)

Considering whats on the market at the moment, eibach do the lowest drop on springs 30/45 (I'm 99% sure)

If you want to go any lower you will have to go for coilies.

I have mobile mechanic who does work like this for me, he charged me £60 to change all the shocks and springs for uprated ones on my mk2. He came to my house and did it on my driveway. He did a good job aswell.

Last edited:
i find its easier to change the shocks and springs rather than just the springs as the springs already come on the shocks so simply drop the shocks and replace them. easy peasy. lol

sorry to hijack but i was just wondering i have a 1.2 (please dont laugh) active and considering putting 17s on but want to drop it bit as well but dont know if having 17s would be a bit ott

no as the 1.9's have 17"s and they are 20mm lower, so on an active you could afford a 40mm drop and they would still fit perfectly.

Back