General New Fiat purchase what to look for

Currently reading:
General New Fiat purchase what to look for

Moimo

Hi my mate is about to buy a Doblo Maxi LWB SX multijet Ex BT van it has done 62k.

What I would like to know is the known weak points to seek out when viewing, also in relationship to the mileage what is cambelt or major service events that should have been done or will need doing.

Will my MES cover this van? Appreciate I would need a license upgrade.

I couldn’t post in commercials for some reason but if it needs moving then please do, thank you.

Last edited:
What engine is fitted? 1.3, 1.6 ??

One has a belt and one has a chain, a lot of differences between the two engines so can't really advise till you know.

DPF filters are a problem on every car especially something older thats an ex fleet vehicle so make sure there are no DPF warning lights.

Yes the most current versions of MES should cover this van.

He has no preference for either what Evers there at the time when he goes to look, I have a 1.6 16v multijet, and I had a 56 plate 1.3 I take it that these are the engines in question. I have a pretty good knowledge of my 1.6 engine if that’s the case but never got involved with my 1.3 as I didn’t have it for long, I can imagine lots of stop start journeys with his job, and am well aware of the fun and games to be had with the dpf and egr, though I have maintained in accordance with etc and never had any bother, reg oil changes and relevant resets and touch wood... anything that would be useful to look at when viewing would be appreciated.

We are going to look at a Doblo Maxi Sx 2016 plate 31k 1248cc tomorrow about 1300. Any thing specific to this model would be great, the CO2 is 129g. Thank you

Back