General New car delivery delayed!!!!

Currently reading:
General New car delivery delayed!!!!

AndyJab

Hi all, been reading the forum for a good few months now but this is my first post.

On the 8/10/03 I ordered a stilo and had extras so it was a factory order, the dealer says it would be about 3 months for delivery (he put down 1/12/03) This was fine by me as i have time to sell my current car (52 plate 206).

Well mobile phone rang today and it was the dealer. My first thought was that the car was going to be delivered early, but no instead, Errrm I have some really bad news (ohhh great), unfortunatly your car won't be delivered at the start of december as Fiat has sent back all our orders as they wont be making any more stilos until january, so delivery will be in march. I thought WTF I ordered at the start of september and 2 months later u tell me i won't be getting it for another 5 months. He said the order was fine but fiat have just realised that they have to many cars to build so have sent back loads of orders. I personally think this is really bad service as they take your deposit and promise to deliver but don't. Is this a regular thing with fiat then as this will be my first fiat.

Sorry about the long post but it has totally peed me off and messed up my day.

Any of you had this problem of failed or extended delivery times?

Cheers
Andy

Has the dealer double-checked available stock in this country in case your spec is knocking about somewhere? Have you checked for nearly new cars too?

Also, if the dealer is delaying things this much you have the legal option of cancelling and walking away with your deposit. Depends how much you want the car.....(I think it would be worth waiting for!).

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth with graphite wheels and all the toys

The dealer offered me my deposit back and was very apologetic. and said it was a fiat problem and he could not do anything (the sales guy was great and has a good knowledge of all the cars systems Nav+ etc...) its a fiat/alfa dealer.

The car spec that i want has to be made as i am having the dynamic with every option thats available. :) - the dealer did a great deal.

I am going to wait as i really like the car but am just gutted that i have to wait even longer for it.

Roll on march 2004. :)

Andy, take at look at this post:-

https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3728

My latest delivery date is December and I ordered my car at the start of July!

Paul

Stilo Abarth, Broome Yellow, Alarm - Factory order, still waiting.....

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Well mobile phone rang today and it was the dealer. My first thought was that the car was going to be delivered early, but no instead, Errrm I have some really bad news (ohhh great), unfortunatly your car won't be delivered at the start of december as Fiat has sent back all our orders as they wont be making any more stilos until january, so delivery will be in march.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Why are then not building any more cars until January???? [:0] I assume that it must only be the Abarth models. Do they have a different production line for these versions?

On the plus side, at least you know that your car isn't sat rusting in a field anywhere.

Barbarian
3dr Stilo Abarth, Leather, Broom Yellow and Sky Window

Yep will be brand new and squeaky clean with all the gadgets to play with and probably break sometime in the near future too. :)

by the way mine was to be built in november. The dealer told me if you want to get it for december you will have to order by the end of september as the scheduled build was in november and ordering now will get you on that list but obviously not!!!! Fiat have to many orders for that build week, so they probably only make stilos every one in a while. Thats what it seem like from what the dealer has told me. this is probably due to the lack of sales, but still, if they want to keep customers you would think that they would furfill those orders placed.

Lazy Italians :)

I was told last week that my car is now scheduled for build 1st week November - that means they have at least a 3-4 month backlog. I also heard some customers had there orders sent back, and the factory weren't taking orders at the moment.

maybe they are not taking orders till January so that they can clear the backlog ??

Apparently it is not just the Stilo thats affected, other cars too are problematic, including the Ulysse, and thats built in France.

I was dissapointed last week that I was still going to have to wait - then Thursday someone rear ended the company car while stationary in a queue on the motorway. I've yet to find out what thats going to do to my insurance, you never know they might settle the claim before Fiat deliver the car at this rate !!

Oooh...Accident in a company car. Now there's a moral dilema for you? Will your conscience let you keep quiet when talking to your insurance company? Hmmm.....

Roja

PS - I told me insurance company about my company car prang and it made bugger all difference - And I was the guy doing the rear ending!! My points for speeding made a much bigger difference!!

I have to get a letter from the company to the insurance company to get any form of no claims, so it will have to be declared!

Paul

Well. I ordered my Stilo Abarth on the 13th September this year, it has been built and is estimated to arrive mid to end of November. That's about 10 weeks, which was the time quoted by my dealer. Maybe I've just been lucky? I certainly wouldn't wait 7 months!

Not sure I could wait that long for a new car. I would find it difficult not to take my business elsewhere. I'm sure you could get another manufacturer to match the deal you are getting on the Fiat. I suppose it all boils down to how much you want a Stilo.

You could go to another manufacturer instead but that would mean having to get a Focus, Astra, Golf, Almera or something else really, really sad. [xx(]

I like your disclaimer Lead. You're not a lawyer are you?

Roja

1+1 = 2

(1) Today I have heard that also in Italy from last week is impossible to order a new Stilo... and maybe there will be new code-product for dealers... (new codes => new products [?])

(1) The Fiat plant of Cassino (where Stilo is built) some weeks ago has done a STOP of 15 days... (to organize new lines [?])

This is only a my supposition...

(2)... maybe a Stilo restyling is going to arrive before the end of the year!!!...[:0]

...Fiat could present it at half-November/December or at next Bologna Motor Show...

R. ;)

---------------------------
Fiat Brava 1.4 12v sx

OK so it's not a Stilo, but i ordered a MK2.5 Punto Active Sport on the 10th September, and the dealer said it will be built the last week of November and delivered the first week of December. The only option i added was an electric sunroof! Seems a long wait, i hope to go it won't be made any longer.

Cinq owner, Punto on the way!

96 N Cinqo Sporting
Rosso Sporting Red

The dealer has told me it takes about 4 weeks from build in Italy to delivery in the UK. My car is supposed to be built this week with expected delivery early December, so I wouldn't count on seeing the Punto before Xmas !

Paul

Back