General New car coming soon !

Currently reading:
General New car coming soon !

4x4Panda

Established member
I'm defecting from the Panda (4x4) forum to here :)

We are taking delivery later this week:

500X Cross 1.4 petrol automatic in 'cream' (art grey)

The car is pretty basic - we only 'needed' (wanted?) the 4x4 system, petrol engine, and automatic gear box.

we've not even driven one yet, so I do hope it turns out to have been a good buy!

Whilst i loved the Panda, my Mrs is finding she can only really manage an automatic now having sustained a nasty fall from horse riding last year. It could have been so much worse, so having to switch to automatics is not so bad in the circumstances.

Anyhow, the Panda went to a new home today and we will now be FIAT-less for a week :eek: until the 500X arrives.

I'm hoping 500X drivers will prove to be as full of good advice and helpful stuff as the Panda-guys have been over the years (y)

All the best

Enjoy the 500x.....I am very pleased with mine. Had a new Punto then a New Panda and now the 500x....best by far....

Only had ours over a week and find it excellent, cross plus auto. Have had 128's, 3P, Superstrada Etc... Looking for some u. Now

Sent from my iPad using FIAT Forum

I made the exact same switch from Panda 4x4 to 500X 1.4 Cross 4x4 auto and it's been brilliant. Also I've found that there's no such thing as a 'basic' Cross, they have a decent amount of kit as standard :)

I'm defecting from the Panda (4x4) forum to here :)

I'm hoping 500X drivers will prove to be as full of good advice and helpful stuff as the Panda-guys have been over the years (y)

All the best

Well I hope I can say "I will if I can" deliver "stuff" that you appreciated and received in your Panda experience.

From what I have seen so far this new 500X forum/sub section is alive and kicking. Still early days as we all learn but I think we are off to a good start.

Only driven about 20 miles so far, but my initial impressions are 'what a cracking little car' ! Aside from it being stylish and good looking, I'd never have guessed a FIAT would feel so solid and chunky!

oh, and 'art grey' is not really cream as I'd first thought - i can see now why its called grey.

Unfortunately when we placed the order the Sales guy did not have a good colour sample to hand, so we took it on trust that we'd like it - which thankfully we do :D(y)

actually it was not much a of risk - we were prepared for cream which we both would have been very happy with and it turns out to actually be a lot nicer!

The shape and styling of the 500X are also very well resolved - they've managed to preserve the cuteness and smart lines of the little 500 in a car that is a whole lot bigger.

Plus, it is also just sooooo nice to be able to drive a FIAT that has a proper auto gear box (y) Why has this taken them so long????

Me too, I've just purchased a black 500X pop star 1.6 diesel in place of my 2010 Panda 4X4. Arrives on Tuesday.

Back