Technical Check Keyless Entry System error - Now car won't attempt to even start

Currently reading:
Technical Check Keyless Entry System error - Now car won't attempt to even start

Prefontaine84

Hi there,

I have a 2015 Fiat 500X and believe I have an electrical fault. I started getting the "Check keyless entry system" error flash up on the dashboard, the car was still starting okay throughout the day, then the locking system starting locking/unlocking a few times and an additional error of "Check Airbags" came up and the brake wouldn't release.

The next day, the car wouldn't start at all (not even attempting) and the doors wouldn't lock but I would still get the "horizon" start up display when opening the doors. Weirdly, if I turned the radio on, it would power up (although white noise only) and the hazard lights would still come on.

Checked the battery directly and getting 12.5/6 s no battery issue and battery was replaced 3 months ago for another fault.

Before the car wouldn't start, I managed to get error codes from the car and came back with several including B1053(64) which when searching online seems to be coming up with several faults such as the BCM.

Checked for any signs of water leaks in the RF module (in the boot) and the BCM Unit under the passenger dashboard and all dry. Also checked all the fuses on the BCM and they all tested okay. Took a power reading from the BCM and this is showing the same as the battery so power is getting to the BCM.

I have also noticed the external temperature sensor is also not working but hasn't been working for some time prior to this fault.

All the usual stuff like swapping both batteries in the key fobs done and wiping the door handles.

Currently struggling to get any local Auto Electricians or garages to to assist with fixing it and just looking for any advice before I considering getting completely rinsed by a Dealership, plus the fact I can't drive it anywhere.

Thanks,

hi we had the exact same problem, and the same things happening check keyless entry car started for a while, then same problem as you it would not start
for us after 5 weeks managed to get it into a garage turned out it was the rfm (radio frequency module on top of the car roof needed replaced)
so £800 later got the car back hope this helps as ours is the same make and model year as yours

hi we had the exact same problem, and the same things happening check keyless entry car started for a while, then same problem as you it would not start
for us after 5 weeks managed to get it into a garage turned out it was the rfm (radio frequency module on top of the car roof needed replaced)
so £800 later got the car back hope this helps as ours is the same make and model year as yours
Morning Iain,

Many thanks for this, very much appreciated and a great help. Hope that has sorted the issue for good for you.

Thanks

hi yeah it did solve it for me it was nothing mechanical all electrical so get an auto electrician to have a look first
i phoned the dealer here in glasgow and they could not look at it for 6 weeks

Back