new big fancy telly

Currently reading:
new big fancy telly

Get a Samsung LE40A656A1F 40" LCD TV Full HD 1920x1080 Resolution 50,000:1DCR VGA PC Input 4xHDMI Composite (AV) Component S-Video RF Input.

Fking amazing :D Not overly expensive either :)

you gone with the LG one?

We've had 7 Samsung LCD tv's they all looked stunning, but broke after about 3 months (the fastest being the moment i turned it on :rolleyes:).

Samsung make some quality looking stuff, but it all seems to break!

We've had 7 Samsung LCD tv's they all looked stunning, but broke after about 3 months (the fastest being the moment i turned it on :rolleyes:).

Lmao! 7!
I got mine from a shop on eBay, lasted since christmas so it's going strong.
I've probably jinxed myself now :(

Samsung and LG are fine custard, Philips have just issued a software upgrade for infra-red remote interference caused by IR radiation from the flat panel screens, sadly quite a few budget and some not-so-budget makes have this issue.

Good.
Does the picture settings need adjusting? My Samsung was terrible at first but I got a guide from the web to adjust for gaming and it is stunning now

Good point that, try to avoid using manufacturers optimum settings, they can shorten the life of the lamp behind the flat panel quite considerably.

Bad crack, I know 4 people with my tv all over 6 months old now.... Mines overs 18months old.

Good.
Does the picture settings need adjusting? My Samsung was terrible at first but I got a guide from the web to adjust for gaming and it is stunning now

not bad,does need tweaking as the Bunny town heroes were just to bright ;)

now hooked up the 360 over HDMI with no problems
the PS3 on the other hand had a different idea
tried selecting HDMI
no picture
googled and tried various resetting/unplugging methods
eventually got an unstable picture that would drop out
got into settings and tried manually setting for all HD settings
lost picture
rest back and did 720,then after that worked 1080i
after that worked tried 1080p,this caused picture loss again
got bored now so its running 1080i for now
dunno if its a cable issue or what

I'm guessing your Firmware is up to date knowing you!

Sounds like it could be the PS3 then. :(

Back