General New Addition to the Family

Currently reading:
General New Addition to the Family

Not nice!!!

A set of new cylinders, shoes and drums might be worth having.

Got a new cylinder although they weren't very old anyway. New shoes and the drums I put on new when I painted them few months ago.

My brake light keeps coming on intermittently now though so going to try and bleed brakes again. Switched the passenger side wheels over. (the one I had on the back was meant to be the front one) Now the steering is shaking over 70MPH So getting wheels balanced in an hour (y)

Got log book through today and in march 2008 it says 'substantially repaired and/or accident damaged'
What does this mean now insurance wise? Is this cat c or d?

As its still registered the repair must have put it back to as new condition so dont worry too much. It's always worth having all the box sections treated with waxoyl/dinitrol etc by a professional. The car will last loads longer especially as its had some repairs.

Do you need to tell your insurance about whether the car has been written off?

I'm not sure you do. They do not ask this question normally and they can check on the DVLA database if they want to (they may even do this automatically).

As far as your policy goes you just need to make sure the vehicle is road worthy; it will be difficult for them to prove it wasn't if it had an MOT.

What sort of damage has been repaired? Normally CAT C means something structural?

Cheers guys! wasn't sure what it meant. I got a quote and it's cheaper than my car by £50 so no problems there! :D

Finally got all the engine out now. Waiting on Jacko for my new one and that'll be in then (y)

Back