Technical Need help identifying battery wire - Fiat Doblo 2008 1.3

Currently reading:
Technical Need help identifying battery wire - Fiat Doblo 2008 1.3

torinf

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can identify this cable - I found it while servicing. There seems to be no noticeable difference when connected or not. Also just making sure it's connected to the correct place.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 5.50.05 pm.png

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can identify this cable - I found it while servicing. There seems to be no noticeable difference when connected or not. Also just making sure it's connected to the correct place.

Thanks!

View attachment 431334

If you slacken the 10mm hex nut and trap the remainder of the wire under the nut.. That will be good enough 🙂

My guess would be it's for the Glow plug control box.. Not many short RED cables up there

See post #38 here:

Last edited:
If it were mine I would reconnect it as it looks very likely to be factory original. I like the glow plug theory. DCI engines only just need preheat and it might not stop you but reconnected it might prove to make things better for the cost of a connector,

Hey everyone, after disconnecting and reconnecting a few times i noticed that the glow plug light was no longer flashing after ignition (this has been happening since I bought it).

I suppose I have been driving without them for 3 months!

I was also noticing a bunch of white smoke and the occasional hard start. This seems to have solved these for now.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Hey everyone, after disconnecting and reconnecting a few times i noticed that the glow plug light was no longer flashing after ignition (this has been happening since I bought it).

I suppose I have been driving without them for 3 months!

I was also noticing a bunch of white smoke and the occasional hard start. This seems to have solved these for now.

Thanks for everyone's input!
I suspect you would have noticed the loss of Heat once the Cold weather arrived 😉

Back