need an estate, Honda, Vw or Audi?

Currently reading:
need an estate, Honda, Vw or Audi?

my options are, in order of my personal preferance;
2007 honda accord tourer 2.2(140) diesel around 50-70k on the clock
2006 passat b6 estate 2.0(140) diesel with 80-120k
2004/5 audi a6 estate 1.9(130) diesel with around 60-100k!

ive got to be honest this one needs to brought from the head and not my heart! ive allways had a soft spot for vws, the audi looks great and so does the passat, but the honda has so many more features, confort levels and more room!

honda seems to be the ultimate in reliability/satisfaction, but the vag group diesels have been tried and tested!

ive test drove them all and the a6 is sportier, the accord is super quite and refined and the passat seemed a little average (shame its the better looking!)

anyone got an oppinion?:slayer:

ive got to be honest this one needs to brought from the head and not my heart! ive allways had a soft spot for vws, the audi looks great and so does the passat, but the honda has so many more features, confort levels and more room!

:slayer:

nah im only joking, but there isnt any fiat estates that compare to the said estates. im driving to spain on a fishing trip in the summer, and would fell more then confident ,jumping in my car right now and , and making it back again with out and faults!

Niall's doblo has done over 400,000 miles, 1.9 turbo engine pulls well and I got 53mpg on a recent 1000 mile trip fully laden, ticks over at motorway speed, got a overhead shelf for food and drink and a armrest and you can talk to us other doblo owners in the doblo section...what more could you ask for(y)

i would go honda just to be different.. itll still pull some impressive MPG. but ive been in a passat and there lovely cars. so its down to those two i reckon

Niall's doblo has done over 400,000 miles, 1.9 turbo engine pulls well and I got 53mpg on a recent 1000 mile trip fully laden, ticks over at motorway speed, got a overhead shelf for food and drink and a armrest and you can talk to us other doblo owners in the doblo section...what more could you ask for(y)
:yeahthat: cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to insure & a reliable, tried and tested engine. Added bonus, if you are taking it abroad, the old dobbin doesn't seem too fussy about what you shove in the tank. And because of the height, the dobbin makes a fantastic towcar for vans or cavernous for camping gear.

Last edited:

what on earth do you want to waste your money on any of them for? get a stilo multiwagon. it'll do much more mpg's than any of them and the load space is bigger than all of them as well, i've driven the passat and it was like driving a coffin and the mpg's was shocking.

repeat after me "i want a stilo multiwagon"(y)

what on earth do you want to waste your money on any of them for? get a stilo multiwagon. it'll do much more mpg's than any of them and the load space is bigger than all of them as well, i've driven the passat and it was like driving a coffin and the mpg's was shocking.

Aye, what he said :D
It might also just be my opinion but the Japanese are no good at diesel engines, so although the Accord might look and feel nice I know I'd prefer a petrol version.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

my dad got nearly 60mpg on an uphill journey in a 2008 passat to london on the m4 i would call that less than shocking

my dad got nearly 60mpg on an uphill journey in a 2008 passat to london on the m4 i would call that less than shocking

couldn't give a monkeys what your dad got out of a passat i drove one for two weeks and it cost me more to run than my stilo i also had a volvo v40 and a mondeo estate around the same time and both weren't as economical or spaceous as my multiwagon.

You might not 'give a monkeys' yampug, but a good decision can only be made by drawing data from many sources. Sure, your experience was poor, and I'm sure the OP will take that into consideration, as they should anyone elses experience put forward. Just because we all have great experiences with Fiat, doesn't mean there aren't Fiat's out there that have had countless problems since they left the factory gates.

i concidered the stilo but just was'nt on par with the others, seemed abit, cheap and gimmicky!

they all pull 50mpg average and on the accord the trip comp was saying 55mpg avg at 65mph avg, which is good enough for me!

was told by a group of rac machanics not to by a mondaoe, vectra, mazda6 diesel or pug/citroen 1.6hdi!

they only ever get called for hondas for wear and tear!

If you are looking at an estate you obviously want it for loadspace, practicality etc or else you wouldnt be looking at an estate as these are the areas where they are at an advantage over everything else

Some cars have been mentioned which you like, if i were you i would be looking at how big the boot is, what the loadspace is like with the seats down, how easy it is to lower the rear seats etc of all these cars which you are interested in

Theres no point liking and wanting a car if its too small for your needs and you dont get on with it

A lot of people have championed the stilo MW, but it isnt the biggest estate in the world compared to what is mentioned, good car but i think it might be too small for what you are after especially if the cars mentioned are where you are heading

Back