Technical Need advice about clutch problem!

Currently reading:
Technical Need advice about clutch problem!

ivanzivkovic

Hello,

I had problem with reverse and first. Pedal was stiff also.

Multipla 2002 115 JTD ELX. 190 000 km.

I followed advice from this forum and lubricated with WD and stuff and it was ok for 2 months. After that there was no help and I went to garage. I chenged the clutch. I bought and installed a new clutch (new DMF) and it worked very nice for excatly 10 days. After that pedal went stiff again and reverse gear, after long ride, got very hard to get into and had that horrible sound when trying to engage.

At the garage the guy showed me my old DMF and clutch arm or something and it was ruined, broken.

What could be the problem that is cousing this? What is my next step? I really like Multi and would not like to sell it becouse of this.

Thanks

No. It wasnt overheated. It was mechanical damage. How would i describe it... lik it was scratched... inner side, more to the center, it was hard scratched.

Sounds like it wasn't assembled correctly or there was a fault in either the new clutch or DMF. Were these genuine Fiat parts or parts from an aftermarket supplier?
What is the garage's opinion as this is the first time I've heard of this problem with a Multipla, or any other car for that matter.
Anyone else heard of a DMF failing after 10 days?

The Mitsubishi L200, the Warrior Versions pre 2010 did the same thing. Literally chewed up the dual massers. Happened to my best mates after a couple of weeks. The newer DC12 ( I think that's right ) engines, just didn't do it for some reason.

New clutch is working ok. But, sometimes first I have to put into any gear before putting into reverse. Then putting into reverse is no problem. Any ideas? Otherwise is little hard. Mechanic told me that it is common problem with original Fiat clutch and DMF. (He only works with Italian cars.) Now he put Valeo and said thet there will be no more problems.

Back