Technical Clutch master cylinder

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch master cylinder

balldee1

Hi Guys,
2008 Facelift Multipla 1.9 JTD Multijet is playing up again and is currently at the doctors, who are unable to source a clutch master cylinder.
Anyone out there know where I can source one. I've tried a lot of places and even contacted Fiat Head Office to no avail!
Desperate to get her back on the road.
Any help would be gratefully received.

Mine has graunched into first and reverse since I've had it and wonder whether it's the master cylinder? I had always assumed the springs on the clutch had gone unspringy, especially as the pedal is quite hard.

How easy is it to replace the seals on the master?
Easy job if you can get the seals. Best thing to do is buy a complete master cylinder and swap over the internals, 5 minute job!!
I found the air was sitting in the top of the master cylinder, so as a stop gap and test, remove the piston from the master cylinder and top it up from there with brake fluid. I used a syringe from a kids paracetamol suspension to get the oil in the small opening, you can also measure how much your putting in that way. If this temporarily cures it then more likely the air is getting in from the master cylinder

IMG_4356.jpeg

DOT4 Dispener 😄

IMG_4339.jpeg

Piston that needs changing or two seals on piston need changing

Last edited:
Back