General NEC Classic Motor Show 2013

Currently reading:
General NEC Classic Motor Show 2013

Just a quick thank you to Stephen homeward for the update.

We've had a long, tiring, but enjoyable day. Loads to see, too much in fact as it takes hours to go from one end to the other without really looking properly!

There are 10 cars on our stand, and they seem to be going down well. It was a task to get them fitting in sensibly, but worth the effort, even if I did feel like an annoying traffic warden keeping asking Panda's to move a foot sideways...... :bang:

The Pandaloons (great word! :worship: ) have all behaved, not attacked anyone, nor exploded - so far.......

I'm expecting tomorrow to be very busy. Hope to see some of you there.

I think much in the way of photos is unlikely for a few days. The free 30 mins Premier Inn wifi won't work for me tonight, the NEC free wifi must route via the Marshes of Fallia it's so slow, so I'm plodding around on what passes for 3G around here! :rolleyes:

What a fun day...!

A nice lady, with a very nice Yorkshire accent, asked me where Pinky was. This isn't the answer.... :cry:

The lady looking after the Roller asked me if my nickname was Captain Slow. How did she know? Answers on a postcard to the usual.... (Today's show attendees are not allowed to answer...!) :confused:

Where to, be dady...? ;)

And to end with, the only non-FIAT I would take away from the show, had I the space, the money, etc., etc., etc.. (A slightly different shade to Betty; but still utterly gorgeous....) (y)

I didn't spot the "Yorkshire Lady's" quote amid all those fantastic pics,:eek:
GREAT Uno..!! and my congratulation to you all - fantastic (y)

the R4 looks great, my friend had a "very special" one :worship:mad: 1986,
LHD on Renault 5 Turbo running gear :eek:,

how come you don't see ANY classic renaults on the road :confused:;)

answers on a postcard as to why nobody had pushed the PINK car forward onto it's " flag-stand"..??!! ;)

Elfin Safety - PAH.., :p
more chance of hernia damage than the flag blowing over..!!:rolleyes:

I pottered along to the NEC yesterday. Had a great day with the guys and gals on the stand, met up with old friends and hopefully made some new ones. Didn't take many photos as I was too busy chatting to the visiters to the stand and making myself a nuisance at other stands ;)

Anyway heres the best of my few photos.

The last one is of a car I have wanted since I first saw it as a little boy

Attachments

• 130 front.JPG
    130 front.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 130 .JPG
    130 .JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 130 dash.JPG
    130 dash.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 29
  • 130 engine.JPG
    130 engine.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 28
  • multipla.JPG
    multipla.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 31
  • stand.JPG
    stand.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Panto.JPG
    Panto.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 33
  • pandas.JPG
    pandas.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 33
  • Lambo.JPG
    Lambo.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I pottered along to the NEC yesterday. Had a great day with the guys and gals on the stand, met up with old friends and hopefully made some new ones. Didn't take many photos as I was too busy chatting to the visiters to the stand and making myself a nuisance at other stands ;)

Anyway heres the best of my few photos.

The last one is of a car I have wanted since I first saw it as a little boy[/QUOTE
]

Is that from watching The Italian Job perchance?

No not there, my dad's friend had one and I had 4 Corgi/dinky ones. I was obsessed with it for years. I live near J.K. and regular see his driving about "keeping the dream alive"

Not sure I could even afford one of its wheels :rolleyes:

Got home a couple of hours ago; and I have to say just what a great show it was -- although every time I walked round, I kept finding 'new' stands...! -- and what a fantastic group of people I shared the stand with: all of whom made me, the NEC newbie, feel more than welcome...! :worship:

I leave you with the following, slightly blurred photograph (the driver was moving at great speed...!) -- which VmanC entitled 'Starsky and Crutch'... :rolleyes:

And he has a large collection of wizard......... cars...! :D

Although I bet there isn't a single classic Panda to be seen anywhere.... :cry:

Don't know whether he still has it, but he did have an Abarth 1000 at one point.... :slayer:

Must get Palio to mention it to him next time he bumps into him in Waitrose.

No Panda's as far as I know! There are Fiat's/Abarth's around though.

It's usually in M&S Bob scout500 - the shop not the tyres!! ;)

I'm not a celeb person, but do tend to notice the cars. Most are unusual, all very nice, but not necessarily exotic. A stunning electric green '70's BMW turbo last week grabbed my eye, and one of my favourites (oddly) is an old Merc W123 TE (estate) - there are loads though.....

The one below was quite nice too - ok VERY nice (even though it didn't want to start)! :worship: The more observant amongst you may be wondering why someone saying they aren't a celeb person has a stalker pic - a friend mentioned she would love a photo and this was my best effort a couple of days later (didn't take long, aided by the Kop Hill climb 200 yards up from me :D ).

Too late for an NEC report, zzzzzzzz :sleep:

Last edited:
wooo! my head! my lower back/hips ache with standing for hrs! nice visitors though! some asking where other cars are? hang on! I`ll just deactivate the cloaking device! :rolleyes: vernon in his "christmass" jumper, gavin looking very stern/stressed out, me and neil(fiat125) might had something to do with that! (i have behavioual problems! ;))

wooo! my head! my lower back/hips ache with standing for hrs! nice visitors though! some asking where other cars are? hang on! I`ll just deactivate the cloaking device! :rolleyes: vernon in his "christmass" jumper, gavin looking very stern/stressed out, me and neil(fiat125) might had something to do with that! (i have behavioual problems! ;))

Glad you enjoyed it!!

I'm exhausted too, but you missed Thurs & Fri ;) Oh dear I looked stressed, something to do with being stressed I guess - losing the tickets on Friday didn't help!!! :rolleyes:

I don't know where you got that from. I didn't hear anyone say that exactly when describing you! Would you like me to get you a badge with it on for next year? If so, do you prefer conventional spelling? :devil:

Glad you enjoyed it!!

I'm exhausted too, but you missed Thurs & Fri ;) Oh dear I looked stressed, something to do with being stressed I guess - losing the tickets on Friday didn't help!!! :rolleyes:

I don't know where you got that from. I didn't hear anyone say that exactly when describing you! Would you like me to get you a badge with it on for next year? If so, do you prefer conventional spelling? :devil:

yes i heard about the round trip to get the tickets,plus the thursday problems on the M40, Guess that was enough, the members on the stand must have used their version of what had been said,:)
woo! a badge for me?:eek:, with conventional spelling? (straight talking as they say in yorkshire! ) (y) yes,enjoyed what i saw of the show, great being on the stand, felt sad when it was the end of the show, but bought a cover for "ouch" while sat in lock-up 3, had my name on 20/50 oil, and a brake caliper piston kit, saw Auto Italia stand and met michael ward, still, i will have my own stress factor for 2 indoor shows here in manchester next year :-/

Last edited:
Back