Technical Panda classic gearbox swap

Currently reading:
Technical Panda classic gearbox swap

Good104

Hi all .
Please I hope somebody can help me!
I know it's probably been done before but what gearbox would fit my panda classic with wet driveshaft?
Now if there is a newer conversion to a punto for example, I know driveshaft has to be changed ,is that possible.
My current gearbox is.ok,just want a contingency.
Additional gearbox I have is a uno 5 speed but mounts are different. As below.is uno box.other pics panda set up with mount removed for clarity
20231025_174513.jpg

Any help.much appreciated.
20231025_174705.jpg
20231025_174646.jpg

hmm the end cap of the gearbox is different.. the mounting points look the same however. is one in your panda a 4 speed? the 5th gear is in the larger end cap of the uno box. in all fairness theres not really much difference between 4 and 5 speed boxes. i do however know that 2nd gear on 4 speed boxes is quite fun so i have been told.
i am guessing that the engine you have is a fiat FIRE 999cc or "750" engine (with timing belt)?

theres a few gearboxes that will fit however if you have the older rod linkages you will have to convert a newer box over to it. its something i have never done myself so cant help with it.

pretty much all small fiat cars with the the FIRE engine no bigger than 1.1L (1108cc) will fit. they all use wet drive shafts. the common cars are the cinquecento (sporting), seicento, punto (55) and uno. theres also the Lancia Y10 but they are rare and it would be a sin to cannibalise one. only the uno and Y10 will use rod type linkages due to the age of the car.

hope this helps

hmm the end cap of the gearbox is different.. the mounting points look the same however. is one in your panda a 4 speed? the 5th gear is in the larger end cap of the uno box. in all fairness theres not really much difference between 4 and 5 speed boxes. i do however know that 2nd gear on 4 speed boxes is quite fun so i have been told.
i am guessing that the engine you have is a fiat FIRE 999cc or "750" engine (with timing belt)?

theres a few gearboxes that will fit however if you have the older rod linkages you will have to convert a newer box over to it. its something i have never done myself so cant help with it.

pretty much all small fiat cars with the the FIRE engine no bigger than 1.1L (1108cc) will fit. they all use wet drive shafts. the common cars are the cinquecento (sporting), seicento, punto (55) and uno. theres also the Lancia Y10 but they are rare and it would be a sin to cannibalise one. only the uno and Y10 will use rod type linkages due to the age of the car.

hope this helps
Yes
Absolutely fantastic thanks

hope this helps
And I am making new mounts fit the 5 speed. Yes fire 1000cc engine with timing belt

Made a new gearbox mount. Gotta love welding but all done now

Back