General NEC Classic Motor Show 2013

Currently reading:
General NEC Classic Motor Show 2013

There will be another Panda fest this year (y)

I'm planning 4 again though not sure which. Kev was taking 2 and Vern was taking 2 - think I may have mucked this up by acquiring the VIP though :doh:

If Kev doesn't want to take 2, there's space for someone else to take theirs or take one of mine maybe. Sealed bids to the usual address :D This is actually a serious point - I wanted to take a Panda to ferry people around not to display, so a 4th is required (y)
scout500 no, Vernon can't get yours into the NEC classic show - you need the FMC stand organiser and a suitable bribe for that.....;)

I was aiming for bucket and the Panda looking Panda project but it looks like Bucket won't be ready, two months at SPL being dipped and painted, plus our holiday taking two to three weeks in October doesn't leave enough time :(

How about Pinky again, could be the last chance to raise his profile before he's taken to bits.

Bob! The clue is in the title 'Classic car show' your current 500, lovely as it is, is not a classic! ;)

Palio: Happy to take one of yours -- and pick it up from Princes Risible, if needs be. Just let me know what's involved.... (y)

homeward - thanks yes we can have a chat if you're interested. (y)

The actual show is Fri/Sat/Sun. Set up is on the Thursday and the last couple of years we've had to get to the NEC by about 10am :eek: We then organise the stand and clean up the cars unless we've been incredibly lucky & got them up there day - this is Birmingham in November, so the odds aren't good :rolleyes:

For those staying we go back to a nearby Premier Inn, ready for an early start the next day. Fri/Sat/Sun are long days but go quickly and are very enjoyable - you meets loads of interesting people, a smattering of complete nutters, and one or two idiots! You have to make time to go and look at other stands or you end up caught on ours all day - there are usually about 5 halls of exhibits so you never see it all. Sunday we get released after the public have cleared the halls - we were out by 6 again last year I think (was too busy deafening everyone with the exhaustless Super last year to take much notice).

Help on the stand is always welcome, and some of the vehicle selection takes account of people who are able to stay up all weekend to help with the stand. For "political" reasons I try to use FMC members' cars first (both Vernon and Kevin are members), but that's not to say a non-member can't take a car. I just get fed up with the sniping so take members' cars first - it doesn't bother me if it's a nice car tbh :rolleyes:

Anyway that's a brief what happens. It's a good laugh usually, and an enjoyable weekend. Ask Vernon who did it last year for the first time (the show I mean :p ) - can't be too bad as he's going again (y)

Happy to talk to anyone about potential Panda's. VmanC yes Pinky's fine if you want to take him again (y)

Thinly veiled excuse for reposting last year's Panda pics..... :eek:

Last edited:
Hence my post worded the way it was :p. I will be a foot visitor, unless anyone needs a spare driver.

I might be able to persuade Gavin to show your car if you buy a classic Panda! Go on, you know you want to. (y)

Definitely! Maybe I should ramdomly park the Super or the white 45 on your drive Bob :idea: Once the powers that be get used to it, you might be allowed to keep it! Remind me where your house is.......... :D

Bet you a bottle of JD you won't be able to....

Make it a Lagavulin sixteen year-old, and you're on...! :D

I shall, however, have to resort to using my magic stick, if necessary.... :cool:

medium.jpg

Back