DSC005972.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) My second mk2 punto (project)

Introduction

im not going to explain anything for the time being.

EDIT: its a sporting

DSC005972.JPG
The Teseo is dead, long live the Ron

This shell is getting scrapped.

I bought a HGT shell (Richie's old track car) for the rollcage that was in it, then realised that the shell itself was in much better nick than mine. THEN, i found out mine had a very poor floorpan :eek:

this is (some of) the rust. It popped though right after i got out from underneath it, with a jack under the jacking point whilst removing the axle stand.

DSCN1135.JPG

DSCN1136.JPG

so... getting ready for the scrappy

DSCN1139.JPG

DSCN1140.JPG

DSCN1142.JPG

DSCN1144.JPG

DSCN1145.JPG

bye bye you rust heap, i wont miss you. cheers for the parts, though!

if anyone can think of anything they want off the shell then PM me because it will be gone hopefully by the end of the week.

the new base shell:
DSCN0974_Medium_.JPG

ahhh... this thread came back to bite me in the arse...

Basically i was going to go nuts with a rear engined 20vt punto with s1600 kit, that was the plan anyways.

But over the last year being so busy with the AmrT project, especially with the standalone management install, and with watching a few pro-level drift competitions, I finally realised what i wanted from a car, and it wasn't that. (nothing to do with the many hundreds of hours of work and masses of money needed for such a project eh :p i guess im fundamentally lazy!)

What i wanted from a car was: looks cool, front engined rwd, nimble handling, turbo grunt, and not too much value or time invested in custom parts (so if i crash i dont feel too bad)

So i ended up with this :eek:

DSCN2043Medium.jpg

ok so the looks part isnt amazing, but i like it, especially for the price and condition :eek: It has the legendary sr20det engine and this has had a rebuild with oversize forged pistons to 2.1L and a GT28r turbo added amongst other things, and a few bits like fully adjustable coilovers which i have since added :)

So, in summary: i am a massive lazy failure of life because i have followed the sheep and bought a half decent car to start with... at least the AmrT is staying for the time being :D

Back