General My punto

Currently reading:
General My punto

fiat punto sx this colour only been used by an old granny and now mine (y) but now where do i begin? It doesn't even have a radio so, any ideas where 2 start?

Re: 1 punto! Now where to begin...

No pics til nxt wk its bin commendered by my mum til thn cause i ent in Ox at mo. I want it 2 b subtley sweetnd if u gt me, stereos the no 1 priority i feel rite now jx

What's your budget? is the first Q to be asked... I'd personally reccommend some Uprated speakers for the front (they're 3.5"/87mm standard) but there aren't that many around that will slot straight in as the mounting depth is unfunnily shallow. I have some Kenwood Custom Fit ones in at the moment which work great run off the HU.

Most people seem to go with 6x9s in the rear parcel shelf, however if you're going to get a sub, I'd reccommend AGAINST 6x9s, as they will interfere with each other and you'll end up getting a muffled sound. Instead, get some higher quality 10cm speakers in the shelf supports and run off the HU. If you amp them up, you're dragging the soundstage to the rear of the car, which you don't want.

As for the HU, It's up to the budget really, as there are so many options available... I personally have a JVC MP3 CD player, for convenience more than anything...

The best bet is to stick to "name" stuff i.e. JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer etc, as the "cheaper" alternatives generally won't last as long and give a lesser quality sound in my experience.

Something like this is a good Head Unit, as it plays MP3 and has a front Aux In so an iPod/ similar can be plugged in.

As far as a subwoofer goes, There are literally hundreds of options, depending on: whether you want a boot, music you listen to, whether you're an audiophile or a bass nut, budget.

Don't forget also that if you want serious bass from a system to put aside at least a couple of hundred for soundproofing/dynamat to give a clean crisp sound.

As far as styling, it's worth considering something like the sporting sideskirts and fully colour coding (a subtle but effective mod) you'd be amazed at the effect lowering can have, and a de-badging and the addition of clear indicators and side-repeaters.

Watch out if de-badging the boot/bonnet as there are holes under the badges, they're not just glued on.

Have a look at the Max Power Punto Haynes Manual also for a few ideas. Also gives great advice for fitting stereo's etc

Hope that essay helps.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
3 door, i ent bothered about boot space but i do want a sub cause i luv a bit of dnb! As far as budget goes it's partly going to be as n wen, also (bit random I know) do u know any anon internet proxys, there's a filter on my internet n it ent having none of those links!

found Kenwood KFC-W300S Sub, max 600w, freq resp 30-600Hz and 10cm Kenwood KFC-1069S speakers, max 100w, freq range 45-22,000Hz what do you think? also I have just aquired myself a HU with 10 cd changer for v cheap!

JjPhoenix said:
3 door, i ent bothered about boot space but i do want a sub cause i luv a bit of dnb! As far as budget goes it's partly going to be as n wen, also (bit random I know) do u know any anon internet proxys, there's a filter on my internet n it ent having none of those links!

As you have a 3-door, you could try and get yourself some GT/Sporting door pods and fit some 17cm speakers in it.

As far as subs go, 12" subs are probably the most versatile, 15" gives deeper bass, but aren't so thumping, 10" gives a tight, crisp bass sound, but wont go as low. I currently have a FLI Trap Active 12", with 300w RMS and 1000w max, which works well enough, and only takes up 1/3 of the boot (as it has a built in amp), if you get 2, you'll be laughing...:slayer:

JjPhoenix said:
found Kenwood KFC-W300S Sub, max 600w, freq resp 30-600Hz and 10cm Kenwood KFC-1069S speakers, max 100w, freq range 45-22,000Hz what do you think? also I have just aquired myself a HU with 10 cd changer for v cheap!

The Sub sounds good, but you'll need to spend quite a bit on getting a suitable amp, which needs to both give out 600w max (ish) and give reasonable quality. The Kenwood 1069S you mentioned will be fine, but your best bet is to put some bass-blockers on them

Is it better to get sub wit amp? Soz for being so pinickity none of my mates seem 2 think i'm capable bein female n all :rolleyes: of course i've gotta prove em wrong! :)

You'll need an amp obviously to power a sub, however some subs are labelled "active" which means they have an amp built in. This way the amp and sub are well matched to each other, ie. no blown subs because the amp is too powerful for the sub. I prefer it this way, as it takes up less room, although seperates are usually more expensive, some may argue they look better... It's up to you at the end of the day

Wicked I am thinking built in amp then, I was havin a gander on here earlier n, quote
“buy some decent upfront speakers, and keep the sub in the boot… Nice crystal clear sound up front, and a nice rumble in the boot”. ?
Are you sure your judgments are good, if you end up with pain…:p
Cheers I’m **** with computers, had to get one of my mates to show me how to put pics on here! :spin:

Get some front components, and if you have the money get an amp for them, it's highly recommended if you want to hear your "booyaka jungle is massive"'s nice and clearly over the bass ;)
For a sub, if you mainly listen to drum n bass :)yuck:), then a 15" sub would be a good idea, though depending on your $ a 12" would probably be ok. (y)

By the way, forget the Max Power ratings when choosing audio equipment, it's just a ***** extension (or errrr.... breast enlargement in your case ;) ) to try and sell 2000W!!!!111 subs to chavs. Look at the RMS wattage, that is the power the equipment is actually capable of handling (y)

Last edited:
Back