DSC0002810.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) my punto sporting

Introduction

thought i would upload some pictures of my car at this early stage of my project.
So far i've fitted an OMP racing backbox (ybracing.com), GSR induction kit (GSR), Carzone rear bumper (Ebay), Abarth roof spoiler (also Ebay),colour coded mirrors and a few cosmetic bits like door sills, aerials, tax discs holder and airfresher (halfords)! lol, also current doing a bit of sound proofing of the boot and under back seats using left over recording studio acoustic boards, see how it works out they were free after all! :)

got planned ... bit of mesh for rear bumper (awaiting delivery... still), need to fit colour coded handles (already painted), tint rear windows (£130 pssc tinting peterborough), abarth front bumper, toyo tr-1 tyres (coming soon - black circles), strut brace front, lowered springs (can't decide which ones on a £200 - 300 budget, probably G-max or PI), finish off with a nice GSR remap and supersprint manifold in around a year or 2, once gained extra cash and Insurance NCB lol.

DSC0003811.JPG

DSC0004010.JPG

DSC00042_2.JPG

DSC000458.JPG

DSC000439.JPG

DSC0002810.JPG
I like the plans! Do the drums black and calipers red?

Gonna get my handles sprayed up soon, finished the sides of nicely :)

yeah, handles look good colour coded amazing what difference little things make.

you keeping you bump strips on the side too? i like them think they break up the side a bit on the yellow punto's, don't know why but they just set it off:D

good idea with the rear drums, don't really want to advertise that i have drums really lol suppose if i paint them red, maybe i should put brembo stickers on the drums lmao.

think black would be classy, not chav-tastic

yeh paint them black and red calippers on front (no stickers unless you have brembos - like sticking GTI on the back when its a 1.2 petrol lol personally)

well if you've already done the arial and spacers, ur half way there lol, liking the future plans, supersprint, now you will need to do some hardcore saving

...no stickers unless you have brembos - like sticking GTI on the back when its a 1.2 petrol lol personally

i was joking about the stickers , i was taking the mick out of the rear drums plus i don't want it to be a chav mobile if i put stickers on the calipers i might as well kill it with one of those sunstrips on the windowscreen with motorsport written on it lmao. :p maybe even some seat covers from argos with dragons on lmao (trust me they do them lol, hope no ones got them???:D)

btw i saw an astra in my local morrisons with porsche stickers on his brake calipers lmao what a t**t, maybe the owner should have put them over his rust lol or his eyes to stop him seeing what a mess the car was:p

Last edited:
LOL porsche stickers, it annoys me when people chav up good cars or stick stickers/badges on cars when there not that such as GTI or turbo when it doesn't have a turbo - why?

LOL porsche stickers, it annoys me when people chav up good cars or stick stickers/badges on cars when there not that such as GTI or turbo when it doesn't have a turbo - why?

i never really understood why people do that, my friend has a rover 200 :( its the most grandad car around and he's doing that up, funny thing is its still always going to be a rover even if he has taken the badges off. He makes it out to be brilliant like saying "yeah, but it has a Honda engine" well no, the engine was possibly designed or influenced by honda but it doesn't make it a honda:rolleyes:. plus all that fake tortoise/walnut on the dash :yuck: luckily he painted it but its a rover!!!!:yuck:

Ordered a set of Osram nightbreakers for my mains, Philips Bluevision for sidelights and fogs.

and i ordered a set of Valeo X-trm flat wiper blades for the fronts. Car's starting to come along nicely, still haven't got shocks sorted think i might wait till the factory ones go just to save a few pennies really. As my centre exhaust has a really small leak that was picked up on the MOT so it gives me an excuse to replace the centre and front exhaust pipes for supersprint ones with out getting moaned at by my girlfriend lol, only around £190 job so not to bad. plus the supersprint will be better than a oem replacement with that horrible flexi bit on the front end! or just a repair

Last edited:
got new centre exhaust straight through from cat to back box as my old one with a silencer had holes in the silencer at both ends in the same area supposedly its a known fault.

Ive bought some new interior LED bulbs in white, and a new Led bulb for the number plate. Also bought a dark smoke tint strip for the front windscreen, going to do a subtle sun strip mainly for me rather than any cosmetic reasons , the sun gets in my eyes lol

Also had to get a new exhaust mount as its corroded a bit and i don't fancy a dragging exhaust.

will upload pics soon...:)

got new centre exhaust straight through from cat to back box as my old one with a silencer had holes in the silencer at both ends in the same area supposedly its a known fault.

Ive bought some new interior LED bulbs in white, and a new Led bulb for the number plate. Also bought a dark smoke tint strip for the front windscreen, going to do a subtle sun strip mainly for me rather than any cosmetic reasons , the sun gets in my eyes lol

Also had to get a new exhaust mount as its corroded a bit and i don't fancy a dragging exhaust.

will upload pics soon...:)

sounds good man, is your exhaust goin through your bumper tho?

done!

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

actually really please with the tinting, but for some reason as its drying a few tiny little air bubbles are there, they are really really small but i can see them now lol

the exhaust is in the same place as the cut out has been done if i move the exhaust i will be left with a big hole :(

and before anyone mentions it, i know there are dead fly's on the front hasn't been washed for around 2 weeks now

Last edited:
done!

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

actually really please with the tinting, but for some reason as its drying a few tiny little air bubbles are there, they are really really small but i can see them now lol

the exhaust is in the same place as the cut out has been done if i move the exhaust i will be left with a big hole :(

and before anyone mentions it, i know there are dead fly's on the front hasn't been washed for around 2 weeks now
very nice mate

i recon the gt alloys would look sick on this car mate

Looking reat but careful driving fast with those scissors there! haha oj.

:D knew someone would notice them, only noticed after the pic.

that sunstrip was a bloody nightmare, the rear view mirror just got in the way all the time. ended up cutting the strip in two parts and hiding the join, you can't even see the join now.

Even I dont know where it is lol

bought and need to buy:

things i've just bought:

• Kerr Nelson K1 10mm quad core HT Leads
  • OMP Front Dampers (with adjustable dampening)
  • New NGK Spark Plugs (already fitted)

still to get... coming soon:

• Eibach Pro Kit Springs
  • Either OE Bilstein rear dampers or Apex uprated rear dampers
  • after christmas ... Blue oil catch tank with braided SS hoses.

looking forward to doing these things but i'm going to take my time getting them done i'm afraid, mainly due to uni work and all the important extra hours at work over christmas (otherwise how am i going to pay for it all lol).

But as soon as it is done pictures will be uploaded.

Nice car sure it will look smart when complete. Just one question for you i'm looking to lower my car which is a Grande Punto 1.2 Dynamic just wondering if you could advise me what kind of springs would be best?

Back