DSC0002810.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) my punto sporting

Introduction

thought i would upload some pictures of my car at this early stage of my project.
So far i've fitted an OMP racing backbox (ybracing.com), GSR induction kit (GSR), Carzone rear bumper (Ebay), Abarth roof spoiler (also Ebay),colour coded mirrors and a few cosmetic bits like door sills, aerials, tax discs holder and airfresher (halfords)! lol, also current doing a bit of sound proofing of the boot and under back seats using left over recording studio acoustic boards, see how it works out they were free after all! :)

got planned ... bit of mesh for rear bumper (awaiting delivery... still), need to fit colour coded handles (already painted), tint rear windows (£130 pssc tinting peterborough), abarth front bumper, toyo tr-1 tyres (coming soon - black circles), strut brace front, lowered springs (can't decide which ones on a £200 - 300 budget, probably G-max or PI), finish off with a nice GSR remap and supersprint manifold in around a year or 2, once gained extra cash and Insurance NCB lol.

DSC0003811.JPG

DSC0004010.JPG

DSC00042_2.JPG

DSC000458.JPG

DSC000439.JPG

DSC0002810.JPG
Nice car sure it will look smart when complete. Just one question for you i'm looking to lower my car which is a Grande Punto 1.2 Dynamic just wondering if you could advise me what kind of springs would be best?

if its just springs look for Eibach they are very well recommended and are fine with standard dampers, or look at the koni suspension kit which is sports dampers and springs but they also do koni springs separate which are good i dont know if they are ok with standard springs though. Just have a little look around at those few i mentioned (y)

just looking at the pictures there, looks better with the new bumper :) one question though...have you got a sunstrip? on the inside of your window?

yeah dark smoke tint inside windscreen(i find its better than putting one on outside as there is no risk of it getting damaged by wipers if they go over them, and some solid ones discolour in the sunlight), nightmare to put on because of the mirror! it is level with the tinted part where the rear view mirror is, so its not too big but keep the sun out you eyes(y) and for £6 you can't go wrong makes it look a bit more aggressive :)

Last edited:
Very nice! Where you get your leads from?

They are Kerr nelson K1 racing Leads, 10mm quad core. I bought mine from Rally & Road automotive, they have an ebay store they are dead cheap on there £54.99 bargain so snap them up while you can. they take around 7days to arrive as the are made to order.

Search for "K1 leads punto" on ebay. But i notice you have a 1.2 8valve, i don't think they make them for the 1.2 8v might have to try magnecor leads instead (click the link to have a look)

they aren't as good spec wise but on a 1.2 i dont think it would really matter anyway, but magnecor are still good, but since ive fitted mine my car seems to get up to speed slightly quicker and higher revs quicker, but i have got a GSR so the better stronger spark and the extra air together work together to improve this.

Last edited:
right done a few things. Replaced the drivers seat belt last week and bought a new bosch S4000 battery yesterday.

Then today a knock on the door courier with a parcel from germany. completely unexpected this side of christmas, it was the bilstein rear shocks. yummy yummy. getting them fitted next week with eibach springs (that santa's bringing lol... i went snooping sorry:eek:) £130 for fitting of springs and shocks and Digital wheel alignment. good quote i think and my arse wont get cold braving the weather doing it myself = priceless lol(y)

had to take a picture im so excited and i haven't seen the springs yet lol:D
IMG_0133.jpg

Last edited:
Think the springs have settled, they might lower a little more over time but not enough to notice really. Could of gone lower but i wanted to keep as much comfort and still get the best performance so the Eibach pro kit with blistein rear dampers and omp adjustable front dampers were my best option. Springs i got reduced to £99 saving around £25-30, rear dampers were in the sale cost £60 a pair, and front dampers were a bargain at £15 (RRP 112 Euros each) each!!!! on the ebay that included postage too(y)

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

looks good man, just needs some black mesh in the front bumper ;)
it has black mesh in it, but it the one you get with the Abarth bumper it very flimsy tbh. Which is why you can see the yellow pillar behind, going to spray them black and possibly get some stronger mesh but until the current mesh becomes damaged I can't see the point spending out on it really :) most place charge a lot for mesh £20 for a sheet!

Back