fiat.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Fiat Punto M2b 1.2 8v

Introduction

this is my fiat punto Mk2b, i have not made many modifications to it as of yet but i am hoping to in the future, any suggestions?
Yeh they are wired to turn on and off with the interior light :) and Would a sporting centre console be hard to fit ?

Nope, not hard but can be a little awkward, well it was for me the hgt one, with the cig lighter at bottom instead of usual spot, you have to tug on the loom gently to get it to come out more so it reaches the cig lighter, fairly simple.

But apart from that easy as pie, and it'll add a nice touch to your interior! :)

Ben

as winter has been approaching i had noticed my car had been taking an awfully long time to heat up and would only get to about a quarter of the way up the dial after a 5 mile drive, so i ordered a new thermostat, and as the weather seems nice today and i had the day free, i decided today was as good a day as ever to give it ago fitting the new thermostat. i haven't got much experience with doing these types of jobs on cars, but i had my Haynes manual in hand and felt quite confident in being about to do it myself.

so then made a quick trip down to halfords to pick up some bits i needed:
thermostat_parts.JPG

and then got to work draining the coolant system, and removing the battery and battery tray to allow me to get to the thermostat and removed it:
old_thermostat_1.JPG

and cleaned up the surface for fitting the new one. i then fitted the new thermostat to the hose with a new hose clip and then fit it in place with the new gasket, making sure i used my torque wrench as to not over tighten the bolts.
new_thermostat.jpg

then all that was left to do was reinstall the battery and battery tray, and refill and bleed the coolant system, which turned out to be a lot easier then i expected :), and now the car seems to be getting up to temperature nice and quickly and staying at half way on the dial (y), so all in all a good job done.

Good man! so worth spending that extra on a fiat one. i mean my old engine had aftermarket one and it was a pile of crap lazy as hell :bang:

New engine came with a fiat stat i was like yeahhhh get in! :D

Yeh tell me about it, I took it for a test drive and I had only literally driven around the block and the temperature was already in the middle of the dial, and then just stayed there :), I really don't understand why you wouldnt get a genuine fiat one anyway, they hardly cost much at all.

Yeh tell me about it, I took it for a test drive and I had only literally driven around the block and the temperature was already in the middle of the dial, and then just stayed there :), I really don't understand why you wouldnt get a genuine fiat one anyway, they hardly cost much at all.

I agree, so worth their price tag! :)

Mine warms up so quick so means i can whack the heating on as this time of year the heating gets used the most :p

Back