fiat.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Fiat Punto M2b 1.2 8v

Introduction

this is my fiat punto Mk2b, i have not made many modifications to it as of yet but i am hoping to in the future, any suggestions?
this is my fiat punto Mk2b, i have not made many modifications to it as of yet but i am hoping to in the future, any suggestions?

Welcome to the Forum! (y)

Nice to have another five-door Punto around; and that's a really nice colour! (Saw one just like it, over the weekend... -- and I think it looks even nicer in the flesh....) :cool:

First suggestion would be a nice set of alloys.... :idea:

Welcome to the Forum! (y)

Nice to have another five-door Punto around; and that's a really nice colour! (Saw one just like it, over the weekend... -- and I think it looks even nicer in the flesh....) :cool:

First suggestion would be a nice set of alloys.... :idea:

Yeh i always come to this forum when theres something i want to tinker with or to diagnose a problem and so i thought it was high time i joined to the forum :), and i'm glad you like it, funny enough i have been thinking about getting some alloys for some time now as my trims are dreadful, due to a previous owner ofcourse :). the only thing is i haven't long since had 2 new hancook tires fitted on the front and i dont want them to be a waste :confused:

...funny enough i have been thinking about getting some alloys for some time now as my trims are dreadful, due to a previous owner ofcourse :). the only thing is i haven't long since had 2 new hancook tires fitted on the front and i dont want them to be a waste :confused:

I did exactly the same when I bought mine. Two new Kumhos on the front steelies; even bought some replacement wheel trims (as the old ones were in terrible condition...). And I didn't get my money back when I sold them on, after getting the Sporting alloys.... :eek:

Two ideas, then:

1. When you get the alloys, keep the steelies, fit winter tyres to the other pair -- to go on the back... -- and keep them (if you have the storage space) for the snow (eventually getting matching tyres all round...). :idea:
  2. Just get new trims (I, personally, think some of the FIAT ones are quite nice... -- but obviously not nice enough that alloys don't look better...); and keep the existing wheels until the new tyres have worn somewhat.... (Only problem with this is that a set of trims is around £30-40; and you can get a new tyre for that; or a second-hand Sporting alloy with tyre already fitted....) :confused:

I did exactly the same when I bought mine. Two new Kumhos on the front steelies; even bought some replacement wheel trims (as the old ones were in terrible condition...). And I didn't get my money back when I sold them on, after getting the Sporting alloys.... :eek:

Two ideas, then:

1. When you get the alloys, keep the steelies, fit winter tyres to the other pair -- to go on the back... -- and keep them (if you have the storage space) for the snow (eventually getting matching tyres all round...). :idea:
  2. Just get new trims (I, personally, think some of the FIAT ones are quite nice... -- but obviously not nice enough that alloys don't look better...); and keep the existing wheels until the new tyres have worn somewhat.... (Only problem with this is that a set of trims is around £30-40; and you can get a new tyre for that; or a second-hand Sporting alloy with tyre already fitted....) :confused:

some good ideas, ill have to have a think. out of curiosity what size alloys have you got on your punto ?

oh cool :), they look nice. as my cars current wheels are 14" if i was to get a set of 14" alloys would my current tires not be able to be put on to them?

Quick answer -- as I'm about to dash out the front door...! -- is that the wheels would need to be the same width and offset, as well as diameter. :cool:

Hopefully, someone will come along soon to expand on this...! :eek:

hey, i was just wondering if you knew where i could get a set of these 15" MK2 Punto sporting alloys, in new condition?

I doubt you'll get them anywhere "in new condition", to be honest; but there's frequently sets on eBay, and sometimes in the Classifieds, here: either in the Wheels section, or the Punto section -- which is where I found mine... -- or in both...! Happy hunting...! (y)

I doubt you'll get them anywhere "in new condition", to be honest; but there's frequently sets on eBay, and sometimes in the Classifieds, here: either in the Wheels section, or the Punto section -- which is where I found mine... -- or in both...! Happy hunting...! (y)

oh ok, because i have been hunting around as i love the look of them, ill just have to keep hunting :)

Re: My Fiat Punto Mk2b 1.2 8v

The alloys have arrived and are finally on :slayer: !! :), they make the car look so much better.

Attachments

• DSCF1479.JPG
    DSCF1479.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 132
  • DSCF1480.JPG
    DSCF1480.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 116
  • fiat_alloys.JPG
    fiat_alloys.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 104
  • DSCF1482.JPG
    DSCF1482.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
Nice looking car (y)

Any future plans for it?

thanks :), i'm hoping to do a couple of small mods at the moment, fitting a sun strip, tinting the rear and back windows and adding some fiat forum stickers to it. i'm also hoping to paint the brake callipers, when i have some time, now that you can see them through the alloys. i would also like to fit angel eyes to the car but i've heard it can be a bit trickier with my car as you have to cut the headlights open and fit them yourself. can you think of anything which would look good to do to it ?

thanks :), i'm hoping to do a couple of small mods at the moment, fitting a sun strip, tinting the rear and back windows and adding some fiat forum stickers to it. i'm also hoping to paint the brake callipers, when i have some time, now that you can see them through the alloys. i would also like to fit angel eyes to the car but i've heard it can be a bit trickier with my car as you have to cut the headlights open and fit them yourself. can you think of anything which would look good to do to it ?

To be honest the MK2B lights are good as they are, stick some nightbreaker plus's in there and you get a great benefit from it! (y) But if you really want the angel eyes then message Brin he can do this for you.

Just stick with subtle mods and it'll look tidy :)

Benny

To be honest the MK2B lights are good as they are, stick some nightbreaker plus's in there and you get a great benefit from it! (y) But if you really want the angel eyes then message Brin he can do this for you.

Just stick with subtle mods and it'll look tidy :)

Benny

ok thank you for the advise :), ill give them nightbreaker plus's a look at :)
and ok, and i agree, i want too keep the mods subtle.

Back