20231112_145842-02.jpeg

Punto Evo 2011 Fiat Punto Evo 1.4 8v

A recent purchase after making the decision to downsize from my usual choice of estate or saloon cars. Fun to drive but not without its share of niggles!

Introduction

I purchased this car back in November 2023. I had decided to downsize on my daily driver and my fleet of cars (in varying states of working or broken).

I did own a 59 reg Grande Punto a couple of years ago, just as a runabout, and I quite liked how simple it was to work on, but the fact it was still fun to drive.

White definitely suits the Punto, however it seems to be suffering from lacquer peel a fair bit which is unfortunate.

It is certainly well travelled for one of these, having done over 145,000 miles. It has had a few issues since I've owned it, but nothing serious. Still one or two bits to clear up, but you know what it is like... the work is never done!

- I've had to fit a replacement injector (a job that was ridiculously easy, I'm used to diesels so to change an injector on this petrol was a doddle)
- Repaired the wiring loom on the tailgate (no surprise there) and this explained why I had no heated rear screen as someone had unplugged it (presumably as the bare wiring kept causing nuisance fuse blows, why you wouldn't just repair it is beyond me)
- Horn wasn't working, eventually traced this to a broken / faulty pin right inside the fuse box. As a temporary (lies, probably permanent) measure, the relay has been moved out of its socket and now resides with some new wire bypassing the broken bit. Also replaced the weedy factory horn with a nice pair of Hellas.
- Just after repairing the injection issue, a pothole gave me a free lowering kit in one corner on Boxing Day, so it has now had a pair of front springs (to be on the safe side) and also both droplinks were replaced at the same time as if I hadn't bought those, it would have been sods law the old ones would have needed cutting off or something).

Looking forward to doing a bit of visual work on it now that the important issues have (mostly) been fixed!
Back