fiat.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Fiat Punto M2b 1.2 8v

Introduction

this is my fiat punto Mk2b, i have not made many modifications to it as of yet but i am hoping to in the future, any suggestions?
Re: My Fiat Punto Mk2b 1.2 8v

the weather seemed to be keeping off so i thought it was high time i gave the punto a wash, as it was in desperate need of one :)
some pictures;
IMG_10301.JPG

IMG_10292.JPG

IMG_10282.JPG

IMG_10271.JPG

i then decided i needed to clean my headlight as it was starting to fog up badly, so i brought the Meguiar's One Step Headlight Restoration Kit and got to work.

here is before:
IMG_10321.JPG

IMG_10331.JPG

and here is after:
IMG_10341.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

think it turned out quite well :).

had a bit of spare time today so decided to fit a sun strip to the car, courtesy of homeward, there is a few bubbles underneath that i couldn't get out but over all i'm quite pleased with how its turned out.

some pictures:
IMG_10592.JPG

as you can see in this picture there are a few noticeable bubbles:
IMG_1060.JPG

and here is a view from the inside:
IMG_10621.JPG

Last edited:

havent posted for a while, so i though i would just post a few pictures showing a couple of little updates;

firstly here is just a picture of her looking nice and clean after giving her a well needed wash;
cleanpunto.JPG

I finally got my fiat forum sticker so got that on straight away
FFSticker6JPG.JPG

and i have installed a blue interior light, which i feel look quite snazzy
BlueLighting.JPG

i am hoping to get a couple of bits done soon, as I've got quite an annoying creak coming from the back when driving with passengers (n), as well as another problem where when the car is idle the revs will start to jump from 800rpm to 600rpm constantly until i start to drive and then its fine.and once these problems are sorted i am thinking about improving my sound system from the stock speakers.

so i had originally contemplated getting the couple of little problems sorted first, like the idle rev problem and the creaky back suspension, but i couldn't help myself and had to go buy this beast.

Sub8.JPG

the bass from it, is incredible and it will only get better as it starts to loosen up :p

Can you still hear the creak with this on...? ;)

If not, maybe that's fixed it...! :devil:

thats definitely a good way of looking at it (y)

the creak is definetly getting on my nerves though (n),i thought it might be the the shock absorber bushes so i brought some silicon spray and gave them a good coating, but didnt seem to make any difference.

Hi mate , when you put thy sub in did you have to change the head unit ?

Hi mate , when you put thy sub in did you have to change the head unit ?

I had already brought an after market headunit which came with RCA Preouts and that is designed to be used with a sub, I'm not sure if you could fit a sub with the factory headunit, and also even if you could the quality would be rather horrific, I would definetly suggest buying an after market headunit designed for the job, you can get them quite reasonable, and at the moment I believe halfords have got my headunit on half price sale for about £39.99 :)

Back