My car handle was glued - how to remove from bodywork?

Currently reading:
My car handle was glued - how to remove from bodywork?

ianbunyan

Hi all,

So I woke up to this today... (see attached.)

I have no idea what the substance is but it's got a kind of a shell formed over it and it's very, very sticky underneath.

I can peel a lot of it off. My question is, how am I to remove the rest of it from the paintwork?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20220916_103845_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220916_103845_HDR.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20220916_102912_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220916_102912_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • Angry
Reactions: ben
Hi all,

So I woke up to this today... (see attached.)

I have no idea what the substance is but it's got a kind of a shell formed over it and it's very, very sticky underneath.

I can peel a lot of it off. My question is, how am I to remove the rest of it from the paintwork?

Thanks in advance!
Ive been singing the praises of Ultra grime wipes available from many places. Screw fix do them c. £12 a Pack they are astonishing in getting rid of mastic and even expanding foam etc.. Worth a try. Auto glymm polish is also very good at losing a lot of crap from paint. A clay block and lubricant might also help.

Ive been singing the praises of Ultra grime wipes available from many places. Screw fix do them c. £12 a Pack they are astonishing in getting rid of mastic and even expanding foam etc.. Worth a try. Auto glymm polish is also very good at losing a lot of crap from paint. A clay block and lubricant might also help.
Thank you for the reply! I'll be up for giving your recommendation a go 👌🏼

Hi all. Well, it turns out it was a knackered can of expanding fone that they used. Turns out it must have been school kids as a couple of days later I spotted a huge male appendage sprayed from the same stuff on the pavement. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In the end, just letting it go hard and picking it off removed the most of it. And at some point I am sure I will try to make it look a tad more presentable. The main thing is the door handle works A.OK now, and it wasn't a targetted attack!
Thanks for your input :)

Back