Bumper glue

Currently reading:
Bumper glue

The Younger Mrs S's Rasputin (2013 500 in 1.2ltr flavour) seems to have had an interesting life, having had at least 5 separate fender benders resulting in it wearing bodywork that belonged to 3 other cars, as far as I can tell.

The front bumper is not the one it left the factory with.. but seems to be OE and undamaged, save for some crazing in the paintwork here and there... BUT the DRLs/high beam units are both starting to fall off. The light units are bolted into a plastic shroud that are in turn bonded to the inside of the bumper.

Over the years, or because of various trauma (?) the shrouds are becoming un-glued so need a proper fixing session.

What's the best proprietary glue to re-attach these shrouds? I'm going to have to take the bumper off to do it.. clean the surfaces and etc.

In my experience.. no glue really wants to stick to polyurethane.... Tiger Seal seems to have its fans, but is there a "proper" adhesive which is better?

Ralf S.

The Younger Mrs S's Rasputin (2013 500 in 1.2ltr flavour) seems to have had an interesting life, having had at least 5 separate fender benders resulting in it wearing bodywork that belonged to 3 other cars, as far as I can tell.

The front bumper is not the one it left the factory with.. but seems to be OE and undamaged, save for some crazing in the paintwork here and there... BUT the DRLs/high beam units are both starting to fall off. The light units are bolted into a plastic shroud that are in turn bonded to the inside of the bumper.

Over the years, or because of various trauma (?) the shrouds are becoming un-glued so need a proper fixing session.

What's the best proprietary glue to re-attach these shrouds? I'm going to have to take the bumper off to do it.. clean the surfaces and etc.

In my experience.. no glue really wants to stick to polyurethane.... Tiger Seal seems to have its fans, but is there a "proper" adhesive which is better?

Ralf S.
Speedy fix is great on black car plastic. You can biold up and drill with care. It has done DAffos air box which remains glued after 5 years. I also broke part of noops bumper when he was new and I fitting teh tow bar that is nearly 5 years on and still holding up. The fix is instant its like superglue with some for of catalytic grit wich bridges gaps. E Bay.

Back