323399_1702085607861_1709603812_881517_636006136_o.jpg

Barchetta My 1995 Fiat Barchetta aka Claudia

Introduction

This is my 1995 Fiat Barchetta 1.8L 1747cc L4 designed by Andreas Zapatinas and Alessandro Cavazza with such a good taste and sense of a car's lines.
She's almost 17 years old but still going strong due to some careful owners until now! I am not sure about the previous owners but I do my best to keep it in top shape!
I hope you will enjoy my Claudia! She always puts a smile onto my face :)
Reactions: maverick1508
Cracked sensor shell

Two days ago during a visit at the garage to check on Barchetta's state the maniac that I am :D found one tiny problem, a cracked sensor shell! :bang:
I don't have the manual next to me to check and I will shortcut the problem identification process by asking you guys what this sensor is for!:yum:
Here are the pictures

Attachments

• Photo-0393.jpg
    Photo-0393.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo-0392.jpg
    Photo-0392.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo-0391.jpg
    Photo-0391.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Photo-0390.jpg
    Photo-0390.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 54
Nothing to worry about. it's just the insulation of the wire going to the thermometer.

The sensor you pointed is the thermometer mounted on the thermostat.
It controls 2 thing:
1: temperature gauge on dashbord
2: the fan with goes on at 93°

Green Filter Powerflow or BMC CDA???

right now I run Green Filter Powerflow and needs replacing! I was thinking of getting a new one but noticed that some guys like Kiry 4 example appreciates BMC CDA kits!
I know all the basics of air filtering and so on (the cooler air the better hence BMC enclosed filter, how cotton is best for filtration hence Green and so on)
What I really need is your personal opinion on this based on personal experience!
Thanks and I wait for your useful (as always (y)) comments which will help me decide!

Attachments

• GREEN_Powerflow__4e5bbf655a1c6.jpg
    GREEN_Powerflow__4e5bbf655a1c6.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 32
  • bmc_cda.jpg
    bmc_cda.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Re: Green Filter Powerflow or BMC CDA???

My personal?

I go for standard paper filters.
Why -) best filtering, no better what.
I care about preserving my engine and getting the most km/miles out of it.

Those cotton filters give better airflow yes, but do they filter as good as paper ones?
Perhaps when they are perfect oiled, but are they always?
When you look at performage out of open air filters you get minimal BHP gain.
Just a nice sound.

i'll stick with paper filters.
Just my 2 cents

So, you tried Green and/or BMC and they ruined/shortened the life in your engine so now you stick with OEM paper filter?
Cause otherwise you're off topic :D
I agree with OEM paper filter being best (y) but here I am talking about an engine that already has this mod (direct induction) installed so I'm in a point of no return!;)
As I said I have Green Powerflow on my B! I honestly prefer the unrestricted air intake option that a filter like this gives, running a little bit richer air-fuel mixture then OEM! Sounds better indeed and the engine revs a bit easier! Fact!
I take care of the filter every time, cleaning it as often as possible, did not had any problems with dirt getting through to the ignition chamber or anything other problems and trust me I monitor my engine ALWAYS, being a mechanic (naval engineering but still, engine's principles are the same) and maniac in the same time, checking every new sound, anything that could translate into trouble!
I guess I will check this time BMC to see the difference then in the future I will know what to decide! Still I am waiting on opinions! :)
Thanks bollie :hug:

Was just looking back through my KC3 thread and picked up on this following post.

Hi! Matt,

The first time i went to Red Dot and had the B on the rollers, she read 138. something bhp. and approx 97/98 wheel torque.

This was with a green induction and Dtr middle and rear box. The bhp was good but showed the car was running very lean.

2nd time i added the supersprint and Gsr prototype induction.

RR results showed 136.7 bhp similar torque. the bhp was down and after a remap we showed 146bhp but car was starving fuel. after fitting a new fuel pump and fuel pressure regulater, a few adjustments to remap and we managed 151.1bhp . with a much better torque of 107.4

The B is running good and would expect to gain even more with a de catt and new full supersprint exhuast.

Since that last RR graph Ive removed the catt and have a supersprint back box, fast clutch and lighter flywheel, Power has risen by 5bhp but still need to have her remapped. I will be changing my induction set up and try a closed CDA to help with pushing more cooler air into the engine and let you all know if there are any improoved gains.

Last edited:
So, you tried Green and/or BMC and they ruined/shortened the life in your engine so now you stick with OEM paper filter?
Cause otherwise you're off topic :D

Haven't had any open air filter on any car, just due to the explanation I gave.
What other people do is their thing.

You asked for opinions, heres one:)

What I do want to know is where the cda is better than this one: http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/130623110274?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Ok, the filter element is perhaps lower quality. But can't you buy the filter element of a good brand and put it in here?

Last edited:
What I do want to know is where the cda is better than this one: http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/130623110274?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Ok, the filter element is perhaps lower quality. But can't you buy the filter element of a good brand and put it in here?
Nice find, bollie! Like it! Makes me question the option of BMC CDA!:confused:
Definitely you can put a quality filter inside this casing (carbon made, just like BMC)
I will study some more the quality of the filters inside BMC's!!!
You made me very curious if they are that good as Green Powerflow (tested by me and they got my vote till now (y)) because for BMC CDA for B you pay around 200 pounds and for the Green Powerflow alone 212 pounds so it's a bit strange; BMC gives me preety much for the same money, somewhere must be some cost cutting to achieve this against competition!!! Maybe in the filter quality? I need to study this asap!
If what I suspect is true then I will stick to my Green Powerflow,,,

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ok! Nice find and sure it will be great used for the correct fitment, BUT!

First of all the actual casing is smaller than BMC's small 130 model and so imagine the inner filter is also smaller which is quoted for engines upto 1600cc and under and so not appropriate for the barchetta.

The BMC model needed for a B is larger 85-150 and if there quality and use is good enough to be used for F1 then its more than good enough for me.. :)

Carbon fibre materials and parts although expensive are the future and are being used in a number of ways in our lives.

Regarding motors, using carbon fibre is a great way to save weight, reduce heat and still have the strength and even in some cases be stronger than any other material used..

With is use in the BMC CDA filter, It heat reducing capabilites is a great way to keep cool air passing through the filter and into the engine. (y)

Decided! BMC CDA! Have been using Green Powerflow until now, it's time to give another product a chance to show it's abilities! ;)
Next, I am on the lookout for this baby:
(Team Dynamics Monza R R16 4x98 ET38) should feet easily!
What do you think?:yum:
I know LRB will like it (got to know about this rim from one of his posts and loved it ever since) (y)

Attachments

• Monza R_0.jpg
    Monza R_0.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 45
In the past week or so my eyes have seen I think hundreds of rims, contacting dealers and stuff and so far this is the best option inmo for my B right now!
You know how it is, when you're about to splash a serious amount of money but you don't feel scared you will get mugged! Feels right! (y)
-The price is right (in UK this rim is 93pounds) for my pocket,
-They got the looks,
-They are not too big(I would put max R16 so I get the looks but don't affect the ride too much & also I keep in mind the future Eibach lowering kit_30mm)
-Team Dynamics brand has some recognition
-Always loved the spokes wheels:worship:
-It's love at first sight :D
I know you guys have only have seen plans around here and no major changes.
That is because right now my wallet is empty until I come back from the next voyage, from 20th of february to 20th of June! But in the past weeks here on fiatforum I managed to gather tons of information via your useful advices that helped me make a strong and "easy to do" investment strategy for my B! Thank you! :hug:

Last edited:
i also like those spiky alloy... they looks just like OZ-Superturismo i have... btw... you can put 17'' with 205 40 tire with -30mm no problem. it fulfill fender arch like a charm, but still leave enough space... no scratching fender. only problem i notice slooooow acceleration... but good thing is that i don't have any kidney stones anymore.

Last edited:
only problem i notice slooooow acceleration... but good thing is that i don't have any kidney stones anymore.
F4ust, you're killing me :ROFLMAO:
17 is too much inmo! Exactly, will kill the acceleration!
Will stick with R16 and will put 205 45 summer tires and my winter tires (Nokian WR D3 195 50 R15) will be left on the Ronal LZ I run right now!

Last edited:
Winter pleasure drive,,,

Yesterday It got warmer outside (-5℃):cool: so after 2 weeks of hibernation I had a go with my B!
She started beautifully after reconnecting the battery and doing all the checks!
Made some pics (1st the little red devil on my keychain which embodies her spirit ):
42527718986535219361709.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-0399.jpg
    Photo-0399.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Photo-0401.jpg
    Photo-0401.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Photo-0404.jpg
    Photo-0404.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Photo-0405.jpg