Styling mudflaps

Currently reading:
Styling mudflaps

P1000969.jpg

URL]

as for fitting them, the rear ones only attach to the arch line of bumper, nothing is needed on the inner part of them.
You need to trim the flap around the exhaust, otherwise it will melt

Front ones need 3 screws in around arch, then 1 screw into arch liner

I've got some "universal vinyl rally" flaps to fit.

Will get some pictures as son as they are done (I know this is by no means helpful towards what you were asking, i'm merely registering my interest in this thread :p :p)

EDIT: Colin? On a separate note, what splitter is that on the front of y0 wagon?

Last edited:
Its off a MK4 Astra G, was in scrapyard looking for Laguna splitter but then found this instead, plus havent seen anyone else with it done...
it was standard on all astra's so shouldnt be too hard to find one

You can see it a bit better in this pic...
2011-04-09-13_55_44.jpg

NO to rally style mudflaps imo...you dont want mudflaps to be too big or too in your face.
Mine are a set from a MK1 punto, but it think there just universal

Last edited:
Its off a MK4 Astra G, was in scrapyard looking for Laguna splitter but then found this instead, plus havent seen anyone else with it done...
it was standard on all astra's so shouldnt be too hard to find one

You can see it a bit better in this pic...

NO to rally style mudflaps imo...you dont want mudflaps to be too big or too in your face.
Mine are a set from a MK1 punto, but it think there just universal

Looks great, once my exams are out of the way, i'ma gonna go splitter hunting! :p

And about the "rally" flaps, mine were only a tenner for two 500mm x 300mm (3mm thick) vinyl sheets, each of which was cut in half. To form the 4 flaps. They just need attaching. If it looks gash, I'll go back to the drawing board.

OffTopic: Col, I love what you've done with your Punt! Normally, I hate the black bumpers, I f:devil:ing hate mine! But yours work really well !

i want white rally mud flaps.. give the car a wider lower sexyer look ;) hehe

Do it mate! He does white ones (according to his listing) and i'd have no problems reccomending him

THey come pre-cut at 500mm x 300mm for cars that can swallow them with their bigger arches. And you get two of them. I cut both of mine in half, so i've got 4 @ 250mm x 300mm.

Do it mate! He does white ones (according to his listing) and i'd have no problems reccomending him

THey come pre-cut at 500mm x 300mm for cars that can swallow them with their bigger arches. And you get two of them. I cut both of mine in half, so i've got 4 @ 250mm x 300mm.
ill have to whip up some measure ments first :p and i need to go my window tints and hawk remote kit :p

Both things I want to do, but the hawk kit is beyond my skill level, so gotta have to get someone else to do it. Mean big bucks involved :(
well im thick as two short planks haha! i reckon a little patiance and read the guide alot any one can do it, or i might get some one to fit it for me.. but even then it wont be alot too some one who knows car wireing etc wont take them long at all im dreding the window tinting the most... as if that messes up ill have to pull off and start all over again glad i got 3 meters of the stuff :p

I'm just scared in incase I balls it up, cause there's little room for correction in wiring. I'm just gonna get my tints done professionally. I can't get the screen protector on my iPad without bubbles never mind a whole window! :p

i bricked it when i did my hawk kit but worked fine once done.... not so much now, but believe its prob more of a car battery issue than my handy work. lol.
on a even more different not to this thread than the hawk kit, im surprised how many people have got similar sigs all of a sudden. its like a FF club sig. lol

Back