Styling mudflaps

Currently reading:
Styling mudflaps

i bricked it when i did my hawk kit but worked fine once done.... not so much now, but believe its prob more of a car battery issue than my handy work. lol.
on a even more different not to this thread than the hawk kit, im surprised how many people have got similar sigs all of a sudden. its like a FF club sig. lol
Ive noticed that... where you all gettin them from? :p look rather grovey :cool:

white mud flaps? :confused: admitidly i can imagin it looks the nuts when they 1st go on...but after a little they wont be staying white for long!
hope you have a cleaning o.c.d!

ally
i do.. haha! car gets cleaned once a week with out fail.. if i been some where real dusty then your looking a two-times a week :D and a polish every 2 weeks.. haha! plus if they get so dirty ill just sand them and spray them white again also before they go on i will put a heavy coat of clear laquer on just so the dirt doesnt stain the white plastic :p heres the back of my car.. now imagne white mud flaps Ummmm ;)

Attachments

• IMG00164-20110423-1441.jpg
    IMG00164-20110423-1441.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 23
ok i admit....it would look schweeeeet! ive got a grey mk2b and slowly going white with that...airvents white, wheel trims white, the wing mirrors will be the next, just seeing the back strip across the back of your bumper has made me want to do mine aswell now, i hate it looking black!

ally

the whiteness is catching on ;) oh samuri.. you will notice ALOT of green flys seems to be attrachted to the wing mirrors when driving so they get 3 tone coulor quickly.. white/red/green haha!
meh, bird crap is attracted to my car so its washed regularly.... well not quite, she is in desperate need of a good wash now, but thats a job for tomorra once ive fit the mirrors.... whats really annoying is i dont park under any trees. lol.

haha! trying having a starling nest abouve your car :( my next door neihbour has starling nesting in there roof on the corner.. they tend too shot there S*** onto my car i feel like egtting the jet wash up there and qouteing 'say hello to my little friend' haha! blood protected spechies :eek: and i thought white/red/green is the italian flag clours? i might not wash my wing mirrors agen :D and about the little grapic i put them on and then laquerd my wing mirrors so they dont go flying off when im useing the jest waser and will make them last longer :)

just catapult the local cat up there. no problems with protected species then cos its "natural pecking order" lol
im keeping my mirrors plain white. sanded mine all down ready for a final few coats of white gloss then a final rub down for the lacquer. they well on the way... will be fitted tomorra. (y)

just catapult the local cat up there. no problems with protected species then cos its "natural pecking order" lol
im keeping my mirrors plain white. sanded mine all down ready for a final few coats of white gloss then a final rub down for the lacquer. they well on the way... will be fitted tomorra. (y)
Nice one! one thing ill warn you about.. with sanding the gloss paint, watch out as it tends to clump on the sand paper and it will dragg across the surface leaving a nice dent in it, then your back too square one so just be warey of that i know i almost kicked my own teeth in when it happend to me... haha!:p

Nice one! one thing ill warn you about.. with sanding the gloss paint, watch out as it tends to clump on the sand paper and it will dragg across the surface leaving a nice dent in it, then your back too square one so just be warey of that i know i almost kicked my own teeth in when it happend to me... haha!:p
do u know why that happened?

no?

2 simple reasons why it happens.....

1- u didnt rub it down wet.... making sure the wet&dry and surface are both wet will mean less drag and give a smoother finish with less scratching

2- u didnt give the paint enough time to dry... even if the paint is touch dry, its not necessarily fully cured and sanding it will shear it causing clumping and gouges.

ive sanded mine down and its as smooth as u like.... just needs a few more coats to touch up a few areas.

do u know why that happened?

no?

2 simple reasons why it happens.....

1- u didnt rub it down wet.... making sure the wet&dry and surface are both wet will mean less drag and give a smoother finish with less scratching

2- u didnt give the paint enough time to dry... even if the paint is touch dry, its not necessarily fully cured and sanding it will shear it causing clumping and gouges.

ive sanded mine down and its as smooth as u like.... just needs a few more coats to touch up a few areas.
Ohhhhhhh i see! well now i know.. haha! i still got a smooth finish in the end :p

well, if ya even need any tips on painting in the future, just ask me mate, i aint a pro and dont always get it right, but more often than not, its from my own impatience. lol.
Well you would of been usefull 1-2 months ago! but all that needs painting is done now and ive alreayd learnt from my mistakes haha! cheers though :p

Back