Styling Cannon Mudflaps

Currently reading:
Styling Cannon Mudflaps

I fitted them to one car and apart from amount of dirt on the lower rear bumper made **** all difference so never bothered since.

I brought some universal mud-flaps which use'd clamps - and there is nowhere on the mk2 front wheel arch's to fit :(
Only way you could get away with fitting them is to drill the wheel arch's which could result in dirt getting to places you dont want = rust / poor connections / trapped dirt etc etc

By all means if they fit - PLEASE put some picture on :) would help alot of people

ziggy

m8, fiat are selling off the geniune mk2 punto mudflaps for 15£ per pair and it bet they will fit a lot better
The Fiat ones do look pretty good - just fitted a set to mine (they are also useful at the front for reducing the spray that lands on the side windows, which when it's as salty as it has been is a nightmare!!)

However, the clamps provided barely grip anything at the front - the lip just isn't big enough. Also, I had a slight hiccup with the wheel arch liner being a tad out of place lol

As for the rear, the fitting instructions are absolutely useless. The instructions show that you can put a clip on the rubber that sort of folds into the bumper and clip to said bumper. They don't line up.

And the clamps look awful! They've already started rusting.

I'm now considering removing them and re-fitting using a different method. If I do, they ain't coming off again lol

Been workin on the car today, only got rear mud flaps on, there was no cutting involved, its quite dark for pics atm. I promise to upload quite few pictures tomorow!! Alloys look like there delayed to sun :( want the brake callibers done bfore alloys go on tbh.

Postin from iphone <3 fiat forum mobile FTW

Been workin on the car today, only got rear mud flaps on, there was no cutting involved, its quite dark for pics atm. I promise to upload quite few pictures tomorow!! Alloys look like there delayed to sun :( want the brake callipers done bfore alloys go on tbh.

Postin from iphone <3 fiat forum mobile FTW
lol sorry just had to correct the mistake in callipers
And yeah get some pics up asap!

yh get some pics up how did u fix them on

I used clamps that came with them, looks quite nice if am honest, also re sprayed my wing mirrors with the black plastic restore. Car looks mint so far, just off the phone to my mate, hes gonna paint my callibers red before my new alloys go on.

Tbh my 17s dont look that big against the originals, imho the standard wheels the tyre is very thick.

Don't know if I should tint windows or get my HiD kit first.

HiD more useful and cheaper.

Ordinary paint on the calipers wont last long before rust comes through and they look worse than ever. The only lasting option is stove enamel but the caliper has to be totally stripped.

Hope it works. I've never had any luck with rusty parts
- shot blasted
- angle grinder wire brushed
- rust converter
- zinc primers
- all of the above

It always comes through. But if its not costing no worries if it needs re-doing.

Back