Styling Cannon Mudflaps

Currently reading:
Styling Cannon Mudflaps

Also about the brake cals

There is red BRAKE caliper paint out there specialy for it.

Its a tin and requires 4 coats.

1 Tin can do 4 coats on each brake cal (presuming you have 4) and still have 3/4 left.

From halfords

I would highly recommend hammerite paint for calipers. I painted my old saxo with hammerite, lasted for aslong as i had the car. Also done a baleno, corsa, clio and 106. All different colours, but one small tin was enough for 2 coats on both front and back. Was only about 5 or 6 quid for a tin aswell.

So why is it every car with painted calipers are all stained with it bubbling rust under the paint. Brand new painted would be fine but few are brand new.

Forgive me for saying but isnt mudflaps abit too far for a punto?
i mean unless you have wheel spacers that make the tyres stick out the arch, i wouldnt see the need to have them because the wheels 'dip' in the car bodywork making all the dirt and water they splash up go under the car onto the floorpan.
The only difference is if the front wheels are turned but the mudflaps wouldnt stop that because the dirt would either be splashing inside the wheel arch.

Forgive me for saying but isnt mudflaps abit too far for a punto?
i mean unless you have wheel spacers that make the tyres stick out the arch, i wouldnt see the need to have them because the wheels 'dip' in the car bodywork making all the dirt and water they splash up go under the car onto the floorpan.
The only difference is if the front wheels are turned but the mudflaps wouldnt stop that because the dirt would either be splashing inside the wheel arch.

Putting Mud-flaps isn't the side spray your right - as you've rightly said its the Wheel archs and the Underside of the car

Driving on a wet road - all it does it spray the underside
Drive on a Rough road - the Stone fly up and basically sand blast the underside, removing its protection (slowly)
Next day its raining again - the water now is in contact with the underside that have been damaged by the stones etc

Ziggy

It is possible for the spray to come straight up the side of the car, lathering the windows!
I'd provide photographic proof, but I really CBA to remove the 'flaps then go on a motorway drive in the rain to prove it lol

Back