General Mpg?

Currently reading:
General Mpg?

ytareh

Established member
Id be curious to know what sort of mpg you get?Can you let me know along with any non standard air intake/wheels?I reckon the 899cc is more economical even though all figures suggest it should only be so round town...The original "Autocar" quoted a best /worst/overall mpg on their actual road test as 50/31/45.5.I reckon you would find it VERY hard to get 50 in a sporting but did it easily in my 899cc.Yet they saidf the "S" was about 4mpg poorer....
I know its not the most exciting topic but I do 80 miles a day!

Well to get this little database going I get on average about 43mpg with a half and half mixture of town & A-road commuting and mad motorway driving giving me about 320-40 range is the best i've reached on fumes. Mines a un-modified sporting.

Well if people prefer they can put their max mileage on a tankful.Both cars have the same tank I think.In my 899cc I easily got 310 but would imagine 350 would have been possible if 'taking a risk'!

I get 46-49 mpg out of my 899 which equals 355-380 miles a tank :slayer:
If you do 55-60 on the dual carriageways, 50+ mpg is easily obtained :)

Last edited:
i have an 899, standard although not in the most tip top of conditions, most of my driving is dual carraigeways/mways at 70ish, never had more than 265 out of it, thats running it till the reserve light is on all the time. no idea what that works out to in mpg...

cinqy_smurf said:
i have an 899, standard although not in the most tip top of conditions, most of my driving is dual carraigeways/mways at 70ish, never had more than 265 out of it, thats running it till the reserve light is on all the time. no idea what that works out to in mpg...

34.37mpg assuming run until empty (i.e. using 35 litres to do 265 miles). Or 40.1 mpg if you fill up with a gallon left in the tank. Perhaps something's amiss.......................:chin: Could just need a bit of TLC and a tune up :)

yeah, its in need of some tenderly lovin, need to sort out the cooling first and then we'll see, poor edna

i get about 160 miles off 20 pounds

thats a mixture of motorway driving, rush hour traffic driving, driving to the town centre

not sure what that equates to but i think its pretty good

dillinger39 said:
i get about 160 miles off 20 pounds

thats a mixture of motorway driving, rush hour traffic driving, driving to the town centre

not sure what that equates to but i think its pretty good

Umm..........might not be so good. Assuming that a litre costs 85.9p, you buy 23.3 litres for your 20 quid. That's equivalent to 6.87 miles/litre, which is a smidge over 31 mpg - 31.2 mpg to be exact (unless my maths is off of course :))

I would find it very hard to get less than 35mpg, that would only be in stop/start traffic. On my 899cc Sei, in stop/start traffic I generally get mpg in the high thirties. On m/ways I get more than 55mpg, usually close to 60mpg. On my way to work, the speed limits vary a lot, between 30mph, and 70mph, and I am currently getting 40mpg with a passenger. In the Summer on my own I could get 44-46mpg.

btw, saying how much you get from a tank is pointless. I doubt many people will run there car until the tank is completely empty, I try to avoid even running mine into the red.

The Ugly Duckling said:
lol, how do you convert pounds to gallons? It's how much fuel you put in, not how much you paid for it.

Lol. Ok put in 13 litres which is more like £12. Did a calculation and its 36.71mpg, which is a little low as I don't really thrash it.

The Ugly Duckling said:
btw, saying how much you get from a tank is pointless.

That is true :) I know exactly how much petrol I'm putting in my tank. I tend to fill up when I have approximately a gallon left :)

SPI Sei - the most I've had out of one tank is 340, but it's a bugger trying to figure out how much is petrol is left from the indicator

Back