General Mpg?

Currently reading:
General Mpg?

SPI sporting, commute to work and back 5 days, 22 miles each way, 5 miles @ 80mph and the rest at 20 - 30ish, and i get 340-350miles on a tank so i reckon i get about 45(ish) to the gallon, its possibly more as the tanks never empty but the light tends to be flashing when i fill it up.

best regards

shawn

zed said:
SPI Sei - the most I've had out of one tank is 340, but it's a bugger trying to figure out how much is petrol is left from the indicator

You don't do it off the petrol gauge :) Fill it up until full, reset the tripometer, drive the car. When you come to fill it up, fill it full again, note how many litres it takes to fill it up, note how many miles you've done to use that amount of petrol, do a couple of sums and you get your mpg :D (y)

erm ok maybe i should have a proper test and record the actual amount that i get from filling up my car to when its empty

chaos said:
You don't do it off the petrol gauge :) Fill it up until full, reset the tripometer, drive the car. When you come to fill it up, fill it full again, note how many litres it takes to fill it up, note how many miles you've done to use that amount of petrol, do a couple of sums and you get your mpg :D (y)
No, of course, you're correct, that's how to work out the mpg. The bummer is trying to figure out in general how accurate the low petrol light is, or not. I especially like it when it gets brighter going round corners and up hills:)

zed said:
No, of course, you're correct, that's how to work out the mpg. The bummer is trying to figure out in general how accurate the low petrol light is, or not. I especially like it when it gets brighter going round corners and up hills:)

On the cinqs, the petrol light comes on when there's approximately a gallon and a bit left :)

Back