General MOT Fail - Handbrake Adjuster Bent

Currently reading:
General MOT Fail - Handbrake Adjuster Bent

Tweedbean

Va Va Vroom
Any ideas of the cost of fixing this?

Been told by quickfit that only fiat can do this, is this true?

Depends what part is actually is, the threaded rod with two nuts where you normally adjust the cable of the levers that actuate the handbrake?

I think they are Fiat only parts so grab the bit and if your feeling handy again, get some help and do it yourself or if you need it done quick should be an hours labour max.

Liam

mechanic opposite mine has just had a look for me and has said if i get the part he can fit it. I just need to know what im buying. Apparently whoever fittted my handbrake cable over tightened it, so every time i put the handbrake on, it bends the part. The part he described was a thread, any chance you could name the part for me? Thanks in advance

The part which comes from the actual handbrake is £50, it should likely more be the cable I would assume since the threaded rod on the lever is pretty substantial.

So it would be more likely the handbrake cable.

Liam

the bloke mentioned something about the handbrake linkage and there is a horse shoe bracket with a pin going through it and the pin is bent

he also said that it def wasnt the brake cable

bloomfieldliam said:
So it would be more likely the handbrake cable.

Sounds like the adjuster. That's part of the handbrake cable and would bend if put under a large enough force (but thats fairly substantial)

Back