More bug checking / Speed checking

Currently reading:
More bug checking / Speed checking

Were you logged in before you clicked reply?

Nope.. always seemed pointless logging in as the log in would always time out whilst reading threads, also sometimes midway whilst replying to a thread.
So would be prompted to log in again anyway...

So have done thing s the same way probably since joining...

Nope.. always seemed pointless logging in as the log in would always time out whilst reading threads, also sometimes midway whilst replying to a thread.

Ok cool, I'll try recreating those steps (y)

Firefox desktop right?

Have you tried clicking the "Remember me" box? You'll never get logged out then (y)

Mine never logs me out whilst browsing and always logs me in on opening the page, only if I clear my browsing history does it log me out but remembers the log in, just need to click the remember me box and log back in.

Have you tried clicking the "Remember me" box? You'll never get logged out then (y)

I could, but in the same way I do not "check" automatic payments on ebay......
I prefer nothing to auto login etc
nor do I give out my real mobile to any webshop...
nor is my mobile number displayed to anyone not on my contacts list

I have a prepaid credit card (with £5 and no facility to take more) as my payment account on Paypal....
Paypal balance is my only method of online payment.... and default payment method

My laptop has always operated via a Proxy server
My facebook account apparently has me born April 1st and living in Ubekestan...

I guess 20+ years as an IT consultant for large banks, HMRC and the largest law firm in the UK makes you cautious...

Last edited:
I could, but in the same way I do not "check" automatic payments on ebay......
I prefer nothing to auto login etc
nor do I give out my real mobile to any webshop...
nor is my mobile number displayed to anyone not on my contacts list

I have a prepaid credit card (with £5 and no facility to take more) as my payment account on Paypal....
Paypal balance is my only method of online payment.... and default payment method

My laptop has always operated via a Proxy server
My facebook account apparently has me born April 1st and living in Ubekestan...

I guess 20+ years as an IT consultant for large banks, HMRC and the largest law firm in the UK makes you cautious...

It doesn't auto log you in
It just leaves a cookie on your computer that keeps you logged in

It doesn't auto log you in
It just leaves a cookie on your computer that keeps you logged in

and cookies are cleared when powered down....

Can't give much more out or I will have probably violated some paper I signed, taken to the Tower and be subject to Waterboarding......

But in reality I never had an issue before the latest changes...

Wow, since the initial issues I've not had any problems and holy smokes the forum feels so fast now, even the eper which was sooooo slow before. We do need to figure out how to get the newer versions on here though, its at that point its so old its almost useless now unless you are checking a classic. I'm yet to come across a newer one online thats now epicly slow though, so must be a challenge whatever you do added with the ever present getting logged out cause only 5 users allowed. Must be a way round it but your on your own for that, way way out of my skill set lol

Ok! That should be fixed now :)

@ben I found an issue with the Classfieds, not sure if it happens all over. Basically when writing in Microsoft Word and you use a hyphen it extends it, it appears the forum doesnt like this when you copy and paste it in. You can recreate it using ALT 0151.

Last edited:

-
It seems to be ok in the normal forum but not the Classified comments. It seems to be special charecters it's having an issue with.

Just tried with some other special charecters and didnt like it. This is the error when you submit:

Annotation 2020-03-14 131305.png

Last edited:
@ben I found an issue with the Classfieds, not sure if it happens all over. Basically when writing in Microsoft Word and you use a hyphen it extends it, it appears the forum doesnt like this when you copy and paste it in. You can recreate it using ALT 0151.
Do you know if it was always like that?

I always avoid using MS Word for writing anything that's to go on line. Word is too full of tags and who knows what. Notepad (or a similar text editor) is a far better option.

Last edited:
Back