Technical Mongolian fuel

Currently reading:
Technical Mongolian fuel

it was white diesel lol. the plugs were not even sooted up when i checked them!

at the moment the panda is running well on some fuel i got from some scrap cars at work before the came into the yard lol. .. also it has a bit of engine oil mixed in with it as both were drained into the one container. i have got a pretty big filter on fallout because i run a lot of reclaimed fuel through it, it filters down to 1 micron but is prefiltered with other filters so takes ages to block up (been running this since june and still has good flow).. the standard low pressure solenoid pumps pull a vacuum through it so none of the pumps have to suck bits through.

to be fair i am looking forward to running a diesel car soon (the Citroen BX in my signature) as that will be running on every oil i can get my hands on (going through the same filter system only a little larger to compensate with the thicker liquid) will all be pre-filtered anyway.

im pretty sure the law still stands where you can run a car for 25k miles (so long as you keep logs on how much fuel you have ran though the car) without having to tell the tax man. i could do with re checking that though to see if they have altered it as they like to do often.

ill also be installing a small 8kw diesel heater to the car plumbed into the coolant system to act as a pre-heater for the cold cold winters and prolonged engine life.. not to mention warm car.. no frost or snow to contend with in the morning :D best thing is because its not something the drives the wheels i could run it on red diesel in a smaller tank.. but why would you when theres so many other free light oils you can use.

dont worry guys i still love pandas and will always have Talon.. but having a car with loads of space for mods is awesome!

Last edited:
Back