Technical Mk2 16v sporting Airbag lights ecuscan

Currently reading:
Technical Mk2 16v sporting Airbag lights ecuscan

venkman

Hi,

My punto's airbag lights are is on I purchased a lead from the internet and downloaded fiatecuscan the lead will connect to the engine ecu and the abs ecu no problem

I can't however get it to connect to the airbag ecu I dug around and discovered that there was a fuse missing I replaced this fuse and now the red airbag light is on and the yellow passenger one flashes constantly before it was just the red one that was on. So it seems someone has been here before me!

I have had a look under the seats and cant see any wires at all.

I had a look at the airbag ecu and there is only one set of leads going to it is this correct I only have twin airbags no side as far as I can tell.

Does anything seem odd to you guys here on that no more than me lol

Any idea on how to get ecuscan to connect?

Thanks!

Hi, cant post links but have the same as ebay item number 250839945028
connects to our 500 no problem on all systems

all other functions work on the punto just says that it cant connect to the airbag ecu.

thanks!

same one i bought a week ago, solder a wire between pins 3 & 7, you can connect to airbag and reset lights, no problem.

but I thought as its a switched lead you don't need to solder, just set the switch?

I have had the lead apart and it all looks as it should to me,

Ive been through loads of the different airbag options on ecuscan and never had any luck it connects to the wifes 500.

Im thinking that maybe the airbag ecu is shot I think I will take it out and see what I can see will a second hand one with the same part number be plug and play?
thanks

Back