General Mild hybrid chrome exhaust tip

Currently reading:
General Mild hybrid chrome exhaust tip

Euan Galloway

Evening, just picked up a brand new 500 Dolcivita mild hybrid with the 999 cc engine , this is our fifth 500 and all the others had a nice chrome oversized exhaust tip , this doesn’t and looks like it should as the valance is cut to accept one . Sales person had little idea on the car but everything I see suggests it should?
Any thoughts amongst forum members
Thanks Euan

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your new car.

All the pictures I've seen would suggest it should have one.

That said, the tip is just a piece of trim, and readily available in both OEM and aftermarket versions.

When I bought my 500 new, (a long while ago now), IIRC the chrome tip was riveted to the backbox.

Evening, just picked up a brand new 500 Dolcivita mild hybrid with the 999 cc engine , this is our fifth 500 and all the others had a nice chrome oversized exhaust tip , this doesn’t and looks like it should as the valance is cut to accept one . Sales person had little idea on the car but everything I see suggests it should?
Any thoughts amongst forum members
Thanks Euan

My 500 Hybrid Cult didn't have any exhaust tips when I first bought it. In fact this gave me the opportunity to install a new tip of my choice and I'm very glad things happened this way. It wasn't a genuine one I just purchased it from a local exhaust shop and it's already getting rusty inside but I think it looks cooler and more retro like this.

IMG_3506.jpg

Back