Styling Gear knob chrome removal and spray

Currently reading:
Styling Gear knob chrome removal and spray

1000012886.jpg

When I bought this car (used) the chrome on the gear knob was flaking off and looked horrible (not a big fan of chrome anyway, especially on the interior) so I took it off and sanded all the chrome off. A couple of days ago I was doing some spray painting and realised I had some yellow around from a previous project so decided to spray it. I also done my air freshener too because... why not?

This is temporary to see if I like it or not but now that I know I do, I'll order some colour match spray mixed to the car reg, redo it and clear coat it properly.

Very happy with the results and wondering what to do next!

Looks bloody great id say!(as you know im of the opinion you cant have to much yellow!) really suits it! ( i would say that as my colour therapy has a yellow knob as standard!

Looks bloody great id say!(as you know im of the opinion you cant have to much yellow!) really suits it! ( i would say that as my colour therapy has a yellow knob as standard!
I'm just trying to figure out if there is anything else I want yellow!! I did consider getting some yellow faux leather and replacing the black leather on the doors. Still need to find a yellow steering wheel cover too.

I have to many ideas but not enough time to do it all. I want to the take all the cream plastic off the pillars, spray them black and then replace the roof lining with black fabric too so the interior is all black and yellow (would need to do the sun visors and rear view mirror too).

All the interior plastic had faded to a dark grey colour when I bought it, I used some plastic restorer and it all looks black now. That was about 5 months ago and it's still looking just as good as when I done it.

Anyway, I'm rambling now, I'll shut up 😅

I'm just trying to figure out if there is anything else I want yellow!! I did consider getting some yellow faux leather and replacing the black leather on the doors. Still need to find a yellow steering wheel cover too.

I have to many ideas but not enough time to do it all. I want to the take all the cream plastic off the pillars, spray them black and then replace the roof lining with black fabric too so the interior is all black and yellow (would need to do the sun visors and rear view mirror too).

All the interior plastic had faded to a dark grey colour when I bought it, I used some plastic restorer and it all looks black now. That was about 5 months ago and it's still looking just as good as when I done it.

The door card covering is attached to a plastic welded panel it's not something that can be changed very easily

The door card covering is attached to a plastic welded panel it's not something that can be changed very easily
COULD always try taking the door card off and spray it with vinyl paint!

Yep paint designed to adhere well to vinyl similar to the paint they use to re-condition leather seats! however if you confident you could try your own idea! even if you S--W it up a 2nd hand set of door cards aint gonna cost much! have a go i say!!! (y) 😜

Yep paint designed to adhere well to vinyl similar to the paint they use to re-condition leather seats! however if you confident you could try your own idea! even if you S--W it up a 2nd hand set of door cards aint gonna cost much! have a go i say!!! (y) 😜
I didn't know you could get spray paint like that, this may change things... and give me more ideas!!

Back