General Fiat 500 Gear Knob comparability

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Gear Knob comparability

Al1976

My Daughter owns a fiat 500s 2016 and the gear knob is very worn
I can find loads of gear knobs for sale upto 2015 and can see a fair few Arbath gear knobs for sale but very limited in oem for 2016 plus years
Do the older years / Arbath models have a different fitment or would any of the Fiat 500 model years fit the 2016 onward models does anyone know ?

My Daughter owns a fiat 500s 2016 and the gear knob is very worn
I can find loads of gear knobs for sale upto 2015 and can see a fair few Arbath gear knobs for sale but very limited in oem for 2016 plus years
Do the older years / Arbath models have a different fitment or would any of the Fiat 500 model years fit the 2016 onward models does anyone know ?
May or may not help and I'm not sure about the later models but I changed the knob on my 2013 a couple of years ago. The original knob had to have the top hemisphere prised off (with some damage) and a bolt undone to remove it but the new one, the OEM ivory leather one with the chrome inserts on the sides, just used two grub screws; one on either side, which the chrome inserts cover.
1700738049282.png

May or may not help and I'm not sure about the later models but I changed the knob on my 2013 a couple of years ago. The original knob had to have the top hemisphere prised off (with some damage) and a bolt undone to remove it but the new one, the OEM ivory leather one with the chrome inserts on the sides, just used two grub screws; one on either side, which the chrome inserts cover.
View attachment 433796
Thank you for this

If the grub screw fittings are ok by you there is a multitude of types and styles out there on e-bay and the like the choice is quite wide so you can pick something personal for yourself!
Thanks how secure do the grub screws hold it in place ? Are they as secure as standard fitment ?

Thanks how secure do the grub screws hold it in place ? Are they as secure as standard fitment ?
I've found the grub screws are very secure (bearing in mind this is a FIAT replacement knob, not a cheap one!). In fact more so than the bolt in the original knob which had worked loose so the knob could move up and down the shaft a few millimetres, which was annoying. It could never come off because the bolt was restricted by the top cover but it felt rattly. It couldn't be tightened without dismantling the cover which risks damaging it. As long as the replacement knob is a close fit the grub screws will hold it securely and they can always be tightened later if necessary.

Back