Microsoft goes into . . . the Grande Punto!!

Currently reading:
Microsoft goes into . . . the Grande Punto!!

Rich

Former FIAT Obsessive
Hey All

Was looking at the new "Convergence" system on the Grande Punto (and Alfa 159); the new telematics system being installed in FIAT's, one assumes to replace the previous "Connect" system. Since there isn't that much information out on it, I googled it, and found a document saying this is Microsoft's first entry into cars, and it is the beginning of the Fiat-Microsoft partnership!

The document can be read here http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/e/7/ae768ab5-35f0-4254-952c-6d90946587c4/MS-FIAT.doc

Just thought some of you would like to know! :D

Looks good but will people see it as just a gimmick?

But i do like the thort of a USB port in the dash for playinf tunes.......
Saves pissing about changing CD on the move!
And could reduce crashes as a result

I bet there will be some kind of aftermarket one being designed too

I do like the disclaimer I read somewhere: "The new Microsoft Systems will in no way interact with the vehicles electronic safety systems" or something along those lines . . . I'm sure we've all heard the "Brakes.exe has caued an Illegal Error, do you wish to send an Error Report to Microsoft?" jokes :p

rroope said:
I do like the disclaimer I read somewhere: "The new Microsoft Systems will in no way interact with the vehicles electronic safety systems" or something along those lines . . . I'm sure we've all heard the "Brakes.exe has caued an Illegal Error, do you wish to send an Error Report to Microsoft?" jokes :p

Erk!

Biz said:
Looks good but will people see it as just a gimmick?

But i do like the thort of a USB port in the dash for playinf tunes.......
Saves pissing about changing CD on the move!
And could reduce crashes as a result

I bet there will be some kind of aftermarket one being designed too
or you could just buy a cd player that has a usb port, i dont like the sound if that, anthing thats microsoft gets a virus an crashes:D so no(n)

Hmm, I do reckon Microsoft will be letting the FIAT side down, but Windows CE core technologies seem very reliable . . . who knows??

H2DaE said:
"Windows GP could not start your car due to a registry error, please contact an administrator (garage)" :p

Or when you break the speed limit:
"This car has performed an illegal operation and will shut down" :rolleyes: :p

SO WHATS NEW... :confused: Mine already does that :rolleyes: :bang:

Back