Mera Peak jacket (Berghaus)

Currently reading:
Mera Peak jacket (Berghaus)

Doesnt look like a mera peak either, i never remember that colour but ive not worked in the outdoor business for a few years. Does it say mera peak on the arms?

Looks to me like the dye ran slightly, which is very unusaul for a berghaus product, but they do have a good aftersales service.

Maybe a dark coloured coat in transit with it got wet??

I would be very suprised if the actual materials i.e. the XCR gore-tex would be effected, i would expect the coat to still do the job it was intended to do

Oh yes Liam, i am returning home on friday so will visit shop n get some prices for you, i have not forgotten (y)

Last edited:
I know, just (as I told you before Dave) I hate wasting people's time on these things if they don't come off. You lot don't have as much free time as I do.

dave said:
they should replace it no hassle though :)

Not as easy as that, its not like M+S or BHS. its not a mainstream jacket, its initally designed for a small market.

Berghaus will more than likely test the coat to make sure no fault with product before speaking to transit people, they may not just issue you back a coat as it is clearnace. instead sending you a voucher to a certain amount to speand on their products instead. It has happened before, especially if nothing to replace it with.

If this is end of line chances are it has been in storage a fair while before being distributed as clearance, In storage the damage could have occured also.

The colour difference is quite severe and i would be suprised if they didnt change it if they obviously have stock

They have a good aftersales service in my experience and lets hope this is only a one off amongst us.

When it arrives if you look after it, this coat should last decades

Last edited:
I'll update this thread on the situation with the return.

@ Paul - the large I got is a great fit for me, 6ft, 12 stone broad shoulders so you'll be fine.

The coat is a Mera Peak, it has it on the arm and apart from the discolouration it's one of thee best coats I have ever had.

@ Apple - no worries mate, take your time and thanks.

Liam

Mine is at home ready for me to inspect and try on, will report back tomorrow when I get home (or tonight if I can be bothered after the exam!)

I got my Large Berghaus jackets and fleeces today, but the jacket is too short in the body, as is the fleece (i'm 6 foot 6 tall) :(. Will also have to see if the jacket fits my dad.

Just to add to the troubles, when packing it up I noticed a huge patch on the back of the jacket which was the same discoloured bit as the front.

Liam

Got mine today - no such problem as yours Liam but will double check in the morning, I'm knackered!

Sent off for my XL today, will arrive tuesday and somehow they will have to collect my old one!

The Negotiator said:
Sent off for my XL today, will arrive tuesday and somehow they will have to collect my old one!

You will have to pack up the jacket in the original packing, seal the bag after putting the stick-on address label on, then take the parcel to your post office (free postage).

Back