General Menu no working.

Currently reading:
General Menu no working.

Are you driving when you're trying to access the menu?

Most of the options in the menu disappear, except the speed limit one when the car is moving.

No, stationary. With and without the engine running. Still the same?

Oh. Well, I don't think I could help you any further as that's all I know. Perhaps try disconnecting the battery for a while to "reset" the car?

You only get Speed Limit on the lights panel MENU button for cars fitted with the Connect Nav+ unit. All the other functions are done with the CN+ menus.
That's interesting.

Presumably then, if Nav+ is removed/disconnected then ALL menu functions transfer to the "My Car" buttons :chin:

Nope.... remove the CN+ and you loose all those functions (you can't even set the clock) unless you fit a non CN+ Body Computer and all that has to go with it.

A few years ago, a member wrote some CAN software that enabled you to do some of the other functions with a laptop if the CN+ was removed. I was testing some of it but I don't think he ever completed it.

The only reason I fixed my CN+ and did not replace it was to get these menus back.

You can set the clock without the CN+. Disconnect battery, and reconnect it at exactly midnight. It will always flash, but at least the time will show correctly. :)

Hi. Did this ever get a solution? I have the same thing with my Stilo. There doesn't seem to be anyway into the full menu. I can only go as far as the restricted menu. Is it a faulty speed sensor? A.:bang:

After trying to work it out I'm still no further forward. I still only get the restricted menu ie speed limiter & menu exit. Is it true that there are different wiring looms and so CN+ nav can not be fitted if it didn't come with the car originally? I have an after market stereo fitted and need to check if the car had CN+ when new. If it didn't I don't know why I'm only getting the restricted menu. I have disconnected the battery for ten minutes and still no change. I have borrowed a OBD2 connected computer but it says loose connection no matter how often I try to connect. May be my only hope is to put it into the fiat garage and get them to read it to see what the fault is.

As already posted above, if you only get the speed limit and exit functions on the MODE button, it's because the car should have a Connect Nav unit. You may be able to confirm this by looking behind your current radio. The Connect Nav unit would have had two aerials leads, one for the radio, and another for the SatNav/telephone, however, whoever removed the unit may have also removed the extra aerial lead.

Back