image.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Meet my Punto Chirpy :)

Introduction

Alright guys! I've been lurking around on here for the last 12 months since I bought my motor and thought it was about time I started contributing!

I have shared Chirpy with my partner since we bought her but now she's moved on to the weird and wonderful world of Vauxhall which leaves her all to myself!

So I'll start by showing her off, meet Chirpy:)

image.jpg

I have loads of ideas in my head of how I want to personalize my Punto. So far I'm thinking -

Buy a set of sporting alloys and paint matt black.
Paint calipers and drums, red possibly.
Remove door trims.
Remove chrome badges.
Buy a de badged grill.
Colour code wing mirrors, or Matt black.
Paint door handles to match mirrors.
Colour code bumper trims.
Tint windows, very unsure on this one!
Fit a sun strip, possibly black.
Fit xenon bulbs.

Plenty for me to get on with for now and any ideas/suggestions welcome!

Sutty :)

Ps the daft name wasn't my idea, it was my better halves, but has kind of stuck :p
Reactions: homeward
Small update.

I've received my pressed plates today, I'm very impressed and can't wait to get them on this weekend! Photos to follow tomorrow. Also the wind deflectors have been dispatched to me so should be here soon.

Sutty.

Got round to fitting the wind deflectors today after a quick wash in a torrential down pour!. To be honest I'm not sure about them! I can't make my mind up about them. I'm going to leave them on for a week or so and see if they grow on me.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Got round to fitting the wind deflectors today after a quick wash in a torrential down pour!. To be honest I'm not sure about them! I can't make my mind up about them. I'm going to leave them on for a week or so and see if they grow on me.

What do you guys think?

They look fine buddy, and with a badgeless grill you will be well away mate

Managed to finish work early today so got part of another little jobs done! I painted the near side front calipers and hubs, only took 90 minutes from start to finish. Here's how it looked when I started with the wheel on.

Attachments

• DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0045.JPG
    DSC_0045.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0044.JPG
    DSC_0044.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 28
The finished result after 2 coats on each! Firstly without the wheel attached and then with it fitted. Excuse the sloppy edge on the black as that will be fixed the next time it's driven and the brakes are used. Should come out a nice clean and round edge!

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0053.JPG
    DSC_0053.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi mate, how you doing?

Is that a form of electrolysis? Looks good and definitely a good way to remove rust!

Sutty.

Hi,
Im not too bad thanks.,been ill for awhile so ive not bother'd with cars.

how r you?

(Is that a form of electrolysis?)

i'd guess so. it looks like it clean's them off good so im going to try it out.
and iwill.. perhaps have them Zinc coated after. for the 'oem' look.

Back