image.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Meet my Punto Chirpy :)

Introduction

Alright guys! I've been lurking around on here for the last 12 months since I bought my motor and thought it was about time I started contributing!

I have shared Chirpy with my partner since we bought her but now she's moved on to the weird and wonderful world of Vauxhall which leaves her all to myself!

So I'll start by showing her off, meet Chirpy:)

image.jpg

I have loads of ideas in my head of how I want to personalize my Punto. So far I'm thinking -

Buy a set of sporting alloys and paint matt black.
Paint calipers and drums, red possibly.
Remove door trims.
Remove chrome badges.
Buy a de badged grill.
Colour code wing mirrors, or Matt black.
Paint door handles to match mirrors.
Colour code bumper trims.
Tint windows, very unsure on this one!
Fit a sun strip, possibly black.
Fit xenon bulbs.

Plenty for me to get on with for now and any ideas/suggestions welcome!

Sutty :)

Ps the daft name wasn't my idea, it was my better halves, but has kind of stuck :p
Reactions: homeward
A few more plans for the summer.

- Possibly upgrade the original factory speakers to aftermarket.

- I've decided on new pressed plates rather than acrylic ones.

- A set of 4 wind deflectors if I can get them at a reasonable price.

- Possibly buy a set of mud flaps. Still undecided need to see more Puntos with them fitted first.

Sutty.

A few more plans for the summer.

- Possibly upgrade the original factory speakers to aftermarket.

- I've decided on new pressed plates rather than acrylic ones.

- A set of 4 wind deflectors if I can get them at a reasonable price.

- Possibly buy a set of mud flaps. Still undecided need to see more Puntos with them fitted first.

Sutty.

Speakers - Do it :)
You can buy an adaptor that takes it from Fiat wiring to aftermarket spades - It saves mess and time :)

The mud flaps i will caution on, that the fronts are okay :)
The rear im struggling with, if you have a crappy exhaust (aftermarket)
You may find it blows on the flap / clips, getting super hot and melting the bumper..... I'd be careful where you go forward with that
So much so - i havent refitted it to the new rear bumper

Ziggy

Speakers - Do it :)
You can buy an adaptor that takes it from Fiat wiring to aftermarket spades - It saves mess and time :)

The mud flaps i will caution on, that the fronts are okay :)
The rear im struggling with, if you have a crappy exhaust (aftermarket)
You may find it blows on the flap / clips, getting super hot and melting the bumper..... I'd be careful where you go forward with that
So much so - i havent refitted it to the new rear bumper

Ziggy

Any recommendations on speakers? I'm looking at midnight range price wise and want to replace the door and parcel shelf speakers. I want same size speakers that will stay hidden under the original covers. I'll look into the adapter too. I'm still unsure of the mud flaps but think they are worth a go at a tenner.

Sutty.

Small update.

I've purchased a set of 4 Team Heko wind deflectors for my Punto Nice one Ziggy for pointing me in the right direction!. Also I've bought a set of pressed plates to replace the tired looking ones on her now.

Plans for tomorrow, weather and time dependant, are to paint the calipers gloss dark blue and the hubs & drums gloss black.

Sutty.

Small update.

I've purchased a set of 4 Team Heko wind deflectors for my Punto Nice one Ziggy for pointing me in the right direction!. Also I've bought a set of pressed plates to replace the tired looking ones on her now.

Plans for tomorrow, weather and time dependant, are to paint the calipers gloss dark blue and the hubs & drums gloss black.

Sutty.

Whats pressed plates?

Also anychance of pics of your brakes once painted?

Small update.

Sutty.

I have literally just ordered my wind deflectors too haha (from team heko ;), ) and i ordered some momo pedals and de-badged grill.

Adrian

Whats pressed plates?

Also anychance of pics of your brakes once painted?

Pressed plates are registration plates that have been embossed by metal not just the sticker emboss look, simple text ( reg numbers/letter) stick out rather than being a flat laminated sticker

Adrian

I'm glad they have gone cheaper, as have most of the mods I wanted. I looked last summer and they were going for around £40-45 and i wouldn't pay that.

Where are you from mate?

Sutty.

Yeah i know mate, the thought of paying £50 for some plastic was off putting but im glad i have ordered some now :) and stamford buddy, you?

Yeah i know mate, the thought of paying £50 for some plastic was off putting but im glad i have ordered some now :) and stamford buddy, you?

A fair way from me then, although my car was originally registered in Peterborough as the reg starts with AK which isn't far from you. I'm from Manchester. Got big plans this summer to properly make my Punto stand out from the crowd. Nice to see another 5 door getting looked after as nearly every punto I see on the road is battered.

Sutty.

Yeah im close too peterborough, and i know i saw a 3 dr punto earlier and it was horrible, (miss treated)! Have you got 147 seats in yours??

Additional update.

Although my Punto dosent do many miles normally today she never missed a beat on a 125 mile round trip to Southport. Pretty faultless for an 11 year old motor with over 100k on the clock.! I'm very happy to say the least as there's plenty of life left in the old girl yet!

Sutty.

A fairly productive morning for me today, managed to paint the drum brakes gloss black. Please excuse the ridiculously dirty wheels and arches. That will be taken care of next weekend! Here are the before shots.

Attachments

• DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 26
Back