image.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Meet my Punto Chirpy :)

Introduction

Alright guys! I've been lurking around on here for the last 12 months since I bought my motor and thought it was about time I started contributing!

I have shared Chirpy with my partner since we bought her but now she's moved on to the weird and wonderful world of Vauxhall which leaves her all to myself!

So I'll start by showing her off, meet Chirpy:)

image.jpg

I have loads of ideas in my head of how I want to personalize my Punto. So far I'm thinking -

Buy a set of sporting alloys and paint matt black.
Paint calipers and drums, red possibly.
Remove door trims.
Remove chrome badges.
Buy a de badged grill.
Colour code wing mirrors, or Matt black.
Paint door handles to match mirrors.
Colour code bumper trims.
Tint windows, very unsure on this one!
Fit a sun strip, possibly black.
Fit xenon bulbs.

Plenty for me to get on with for now and any ideas/suggestions welcome!

Sutty :)

Ps the daft name wasn't my idea, it was my better halves, but has kind of stuck :p
Reactions: homeward
A bit late in posting due to moving house and not having any Internet connection here's the finished product of the painted aerial, wipers and wind screen squirter in gloss black! Better late than never eh :)

Attachments

• DSC_0937.jpg
    DSC_0937.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
March 2015 Update.

She's still running smooth and not had too many problems since hitting 100k. Had the Puntos discs & pads changed and her yearly service in January and last week fixed an earthing problem with her real light clusters.

Plans for the summer include -

- Full exterior detail including machine polishing and applying protection. Also a deep interior detail too.

- Possible wheel repaint.

- Buy a front number plate holder and two new plates.

- Buy new side repeaters, possibly smoked.

- Upgrade any remaining bulbs that are still standard.

- Paint calipers and drums.

Hopfully here's to another year of trouble free motoring with my beloved Punto! (touch wood)

Sutty.

Back