Photo00473.jpg

Bravo Meet Clunky.

Introduction

Just thought I'd start a thread here while I remember :)

Car is a 1.4 90 (boo hiss) Active (tsssssk)

Got the car at just under 11000 miles in Nov 09, now on 21500 in Sept 11.

Not got many pics of the car when I first got it, never really thought to take any.

Here's one when it was in the garage just before I changed the wheels over.

Next job was to fit the wheels, debadge the rear and remove the rear wiper, as it was broken after being pushed down too far under the Nov 10 snow.

That was around about May 11, and at this point decided lowering springs were needed. Got myself a set of SPAX SSX springs from whitebravo for £30 and here is how it's sitting at the moment

Currently waiting on an Eibach Sportline kit so I can drop the front further without having to spend £450+ on coilovers...yet:devil:

Future plans include the coilovers I've mentioned, a set of ESM 002R wheels, a matte black wrap and maybe, eventually, hopefully, possibly an engine swap later on in it's life.

The plans will take a good few years to come together, as uni is number one priority for me at the moment, but will be steadily progressing :)
Get them sprayed a mad colour, Green, Purple, anything (y)
Then:
SWAG.gif

My swag no activate :( Got them done in Gunmetal

Not much else to report except stickarrz

Bolts back this Friday hopefully so wheels on on Monday and then, take a step back, have a good long look at what I've done, then probably but the 18's up for sale :devil:

Change of plan :slayer:. I've just had a test fit of the Coupe wheels, and they're officially a nightmare. They look alright, but I'd need super-extended wheel bolts (the OEM ones don't even reach the threaded hole) plus 10mm spacers. Soooo, I am gonna put them up for sale, provided I win an auction on eBay for a different set of wheels :devil:. Watch this space, and PM if you are interested in the wheels.

Photoshops to come later ;)

Triple posting :(

But, I have an update! The bolts I am definitely getting back this Friday, six of which are complete, two of which I will need to get a machine shop to do, as my friend just no longer has the time to do it. So, all being well, a week and a half from now, I should, should, have the wheels fitted.

Coupe wheels are still sitting around, and going to either make them into a table, or take offers for them.

Finally, I have found a place that can do custom springs, which means I will be able to get the back lower. Then lower the front some more to compensate :slayer:

Then, come November time, I am going to be looking to wave buhbai to Clunky, and move onto something faster.

Ohhhh read all up to date hoping for them to be on already. If thats how i'm feeling i dread how much your itching to get it done. Its coming on nicely though and can't wait to see the full car shot looking slammin' on those rims!

Ohhhh read all up to date hoping for them to be on already. If thats how i'm feeling i dread how much your itching to get it done. Its coming on nicely though and can't wait to see the full car shot looking slammin' on those rims!

Cheers mate, looks like it will be a little while before they are on. Had a garage clearout recently and one adapter bolt has vanished. Trying to find a company to get one made up, because H&R are next to impossible to contact.

I have a set of my old 17s on atm, the steelies have been sold to Most Easterly Pandas, and the Coupes have been sold and are down south.

So if anyone knows of a company that can do custom wheel bolts, please lemme know! :worship:

Cheers

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the tool to fit this star headed bolt? It's come loose beside the door hinges, so it needs tightened.

Does anyone know of any other lip kits that have come to market also...still looking to no avail :bang:

Also, going to Hopetoun House Italian Car and Bike Show on Sunday, so will hopefully get some nice and up to date photos :)

its just a star drive, borrowed one of a mate to change my doors, the guy i was fitting em with cross threaded the bolt and now it clicks every time i open the door, keep meaning to get it fixed, sounds bloomin awful, cant remember the exact size of the socket it was about a year ago now lol, not a special tool though :)

Last edited:
its just a star drive, borrowed one of a mate to change my doors, the guy i was fitting em with cross threaded the bolt and now it clicks every time i open the door, keep meaning to get it fixed, sounds bloomin awful, cant remember the exact size of the socket it was about a year ago now lol, not a special tool though :)

Awesome cheers. I will try measure it, coz mines is doing that clicking thing too, and is bleeding irritating.

Some pics from recently

Camber is off on the drivers side front, gonna need to get it sorted. 15mm spacers next, then maybe a little more lows and sideskirts.

Looks really nice mate!!! It's just a shame that 17's look so damn small on the car, and it only gets worse when you lower it :( Bloody 18's should come as standard equipment!! :mad:

How lower is it now when compared to standard height?

Looks really nice mate!!! It's just a shame that 17's look so damn small on the car, and it only gets worse when you lower it :( Bloody 18's should come as standard equipment!! :mad:

How lower is it now when compared to standard height?

Cheers guys :) yea, they look a little on the small side. Sometimes they look about spot on, but most angles they look a little lost :(. Its currently lowered 50/70 :)

Looks nice! Just managed to catch up with this thread after getting distracted so many times :p
Thought about getting a splitter? I Reckon the LCR splitter would fit with some serious heating and flexing and maybe a DIY extension?

Tom

Looks nice! Just managed to catch up with this thread after getting distracted so many times :p
Thought about getting a splitter? I Reckon the LCR splitter would fit with some serious heating and flexing and maybe a DIY extension?

Tom

Cheers :) I have thought about a splitter, but it's a pita trying to find one that will fit. And, right now, I am thinking of selling, so not much point quite now. Either a Black T-Jet 150 Sport, or a Grande Punto T-Jet. Test drove a Panda 100HP today, great little car, but I couldn't live with it, plus it's not that much of a step up performance-wise over the Bravo.
Tad-bravo, think I prefer your wheels. They wouldn't suit my car, but in the metal they make the Bravo look twice it's value...they are really upmarket and nice.

im thinking either a 1.9 150 Mjet or a 2.0 alfa giulietta id really love a 2.4 JTDM brera but im scouse so fat chance of that happening any time soon (I feel an insurance rant coming on) unless i can move far far far away :D

got a year to think about it (by think i mean save up) as me and bella must part ways come October 2013 as my Finance company are robbing gets and charging me 15p a mile over 12k a yr, im over by about 4k now

Last edited:

What do we think to the wheels? Ignore the poor photoshopping :yuck:. Think the Drifz are going to be used as "my first big wheels" and see if and where there are clearance and rubbing issues. Fairly decided that it's another, faster Bravo I will get when it's time, so will still be planning future mods :)

One final update, got off my fat lazy one and put the bolts in for cutting. Few days, the Drifz shall finally be fitted!

Epic read!:slayer: clunky looks really smart but not liking the colour (personal opinion), i'm planning to slam my bravo on air bag with 18" wheels :)
check the picture below for an idea at what style I'm looking for!

Anybody who want me to Photoshop a car let me know! (y)

Attachments

• 466936_3288895456922_373090366_o.jpg
    466936_3288895456922_373090366_o.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 72
Back