General media device

Currently reading:
General media device

metalben

hey guys first post :)

my media device is constantly telling me there is no media device, but yet its still playing music from my flash drive, is there any way to refresh the car so it reload's everything. also would it be easier to use an ipod instead of a flash drive .

ben

Mine always does this :( I've either just got to turn the engine off and on again a few times or have a different USB with one or two songs on to wipe the memory in the car then put your normal one in again that usually works for me. Pain in the backside though isn't it it's just the cr*ppy blue & me I'm afraid

Fear not!
Go to blueandme.net (I think that's the address). Go to support. Download the setup file for BAM and extract all files straight onto a blank memory stick. Don't put in a folder. Put stick in USB in car. Wait until woman says complete. Stick usb back in PC and upload the file your punto put on the stick. This is a config file which tells the site what version is compatible with your car.

Then follow instructions. You will probably need version 5.5 if an older car. Copy files straight onto blank USB again. Put in car. Then repeat with 5.6. It may take some time

This fixed all my blueandme issues. But don't tell me off if it didn't work for you. Good luck. BTW I messed up my bam by running update in the bam settings to see what it did without setup files on the USB. Bad move.

hey guys thanks for the advice i have no changed to use an ipod classic in my punto but it doesnt seem to work what so ever i got my older brother the old classic and that worked fine, i will try updating my blue and me first and see where that gets me, sorry for the late reply, thanks for your help

ben

Back