image898.jpg

Bravo Matthewr1990's T-Jet Bravo Dynamic

Introduction

So after months of looking around, researching, test driving and even a little fight (don't ask). I have finally got myself a Bravo. And what a beauty she is. It's a (57 plate), Dynamic, T-jet 120.

Goodbye Megane. You horrible excuse of a car!

Now can someone point me in the direction of a new brain. Even the climate control confuses the hell out of me LMAO. Gonna need a really good read of the manual.

Anyway. The car has a full service history and only has 57,000 miles, it had got a broken glove box but the garage is sorting this for me. It's coming with 9 months mot, 6 months tax and warranty, it's just had new belt's, water pump, brakes and two front tyres. It's in beautiful shape with no dents although there is paint work damage on the rear bumper. It's not deep, they're just surface scratches and no dent so god knows what they hit or did lmao. But it's not severe and barely visible from a distance, so it will be sorted when and if I'm ready.

QUESTION: being as this is a 57 plate car. Will it be able to connect to my iPhone 5 with a software update and the right connector?

So anyway without further ado here she is. She will have a name in due time

Good looking interior

Considering it's 6 years old, the upholstery is immaculate

Beautiful colour

So what do you think?
Re: My new Bravo :D

I told you to wait for me to post mine! :p

All you are doing is paying £19 for springs..

Something like this would of done the job just fine; http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Medium_Load_Die_Springs_-_Colour_Coded_Blue-2430-c

Which are of course, much cheaper and from the UK the delivery is much faster.

Then of course there is the issue of the weather in the UK. Colder weather will mean that the gas struts won't function as well when the temperature drops. I have fitted custom struts on mine which are both new, and stronger as I had them made to a higher amount of force.

What you are doing is asking 7 year old gas struts to do the job..

If it works, fair play to you! But I honestly doubt it will all year round.

I followed these boys when I thought of the best way of doing my set-up. You can see the amount of effort that goes into designing something to work even in the winter. (y)

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/354400-mito-qv-fully-automated-boot-open-mod-5.html
Oh man didn't even see your post! It's done now lol. Not going to cry of £18 lmao

No worries mate, I'm going to give it ago this week could do with this feature will upload some pictures when I'm doing it.

No worries mate, I'm going to give it ago this week could do with this feature will upload some pictures when I'm doing it.
I've cancelled mine now. Think I'm going to leave it now. Good feature but I just can't be bothered at the moment lol. Footballs back! COME ON YOU BAGGIES!

What do people think of this?

2.0 TDI S-line.

Think I may be moving on :/
Still undecided about spending £11,000 on a car. But think I'm at that point in my life. I need me a German diesel brute. Something I must do. Won't be until after Christmas now. But my search starts. I love and will always love my bravo though.

Last edited:

I can't really say much positive about it lol. It's most things I dislike about a car...

It all comes down to this "Audi" non-sense. I mean... why pick the Audi when you could have the Golf GTD or Leon FR? It's irritating to me when people pick a car based on a badge.. Not saying you necessarily are, but Audi's are put on this top shelf when they don't deserve it. Audi = Seat = VW = Skoda.

Unfortunately, if you want me honest opinion, that's a Golf with a fancy shell and 4 chrome rings.

Do something a little bit different and get the Giulietta. It's reliability is strong, the 2.0M-Jet is a cracking engine and it just looks better.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ke/alfa_romeo/usedcars/keywords/2.0?logcode=p

MMMMMMMM lovely.

Sorry bud I just can't say anything nice :p

I can't really say much positive about it lol. It's most things I dislike about a car...

It all comes down to this "Audi" non-sense. I mean... why pick the Audi when you could have the Golf GTD or Leon FR? It's irritating to me when people pick a car based on a badge.. Not saying you necessarily are, but Audi's are put on this top shelf when they don't deserve it. Audi = Seat = VW = Skoda.

Unfortunately, if you want me honest opinion, that's a Golf with a fancy shell and 4 chrome rings.

Do something a little bit different and get the Giulietta. It's reliability is strong, the 2.0M-Jet is a cracking engine and it just looks better.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ke/alfa_romeo/usedcars/keywords/2.0?logcode=p

MMMMMMMM lovely.

Sorry bud I just can't say anything nice :p
In many ways I agree. Really I do. Though I've never owned a German car and that is why I want one. I've done Italian flair. I've played with vauxhalls... The most boring cars on the planet, I've had a French family hatchback (worst car ever), I've got experience with a reliable ford. I think I need to try it out myself. My other option is going Asian. The new Civic's always catch my eye. But dude it's an Audi. It has a name and reputation from somewhere surely?

My mum has a 2009 A3 2.0 Tdi S-line black edition, while it looks really nice and drives pretty well the interior is so boring! The material they use for the dash and most of the interior is horrible to touch and feels cheap IMO. It also cost nearly £2k in a month on cambelt and full service plus fixing the turbo and some other little bits. Plus it's only got a measly 140BHP. I'd go Golf or Leon anyday as it's the same exact car but cheaper to buy and maintain.

My mum has a 2009 A3 2.0 Tdi S-line black edition, while it looks really nice and drives pretty well the interior is so boring! The material they use for the dash and most of the interior is horrible to touch and feels cheap IMO. It also cost nearly £2k in a month on cambelt and full service plus fixing the turbo and some other little bits. Plus it's only got a measly 140BHP. I'd go Golf or Leon anyday as it's the same exact car but cheaper to buy and maintain.
Stock is 170 BHP. Rolling road remap can get me up to 210 BHP with 320 lbs/ft of torque. Not to mention it's sportier set up, stiffer chassis, lower suspension, tougher brakes, 18 inch alloys etc. IS THAT NOT REASON ENOUGH? Lol

Cheap looking plastics maybe right, but there's also a build quality to all German cars where everything just feels solid. Like I said this is just something I need to do. Own a powerful German diesel. Torque galore :p :p :p

Last edited:

To be honest I was going to get a audi a3 12 plate,but for the money what are you paying for 4 hoops on the front hoola hoops can do the same job hehe on my bravo,for me it was a lot of £££££ And the maintenance/repairs I heard are ££££££ which for me was a put off,to be fair this is probably my last bravo for the next couple of years after mitcar and seeing a Guilietta wow that's the car for me even my fiat dealer who told me about the demise of the bravo said about it then and now I seen one love them,but you never know what could be out by then.

Ps
These are my own personnel opinion and don't take it too heart love my fellow BRAVO owners :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The way I look it, anything within the VAG group is well over priced for that they are. They hold their value but that's about it. Only a 3yr warranty which is a bit **** for this day and age IMO (I know Fiat are no better, but you pay less used so swings and roundabouts), and they can and do go wrong at great cost :(

Personally going Jap is the best thing I've done since the Bravo, although my Bravo ownership was ruined unfortunately, never had a single issue with any previous Fiats until that car :(

If you want a change, but a diesel mile muncher still and are looking reasonably new then personally it'd go Toyota, Kia, Hyundai or Honda. Perhaps I've just become too sensible :p

I dont want diesel for the mileage. In fact I don't necessarily want a diesel. I just want to own a brutal German car, and that sort of torque sounds all kinds of fun.

I'm not dead set on anything obviously. I've even been thinking about going for a 3 series BMW and really pushing the boat out there.

Also Rob's comments about the giulietta got me thinking. I do love Italian cars. My only issue with the giulietta is the interior doesn't quite do it for me. Is there a multimedia system for the giulietta?

I
Also Rob's comments about the giulietta got me thinking. I do love Italian cars. My only issue with the giulietta is the interior doesn't quite do it for me. Is there a multimedia system for the giulietta?

The original interior or the updated one which came out this year?

Media system was a option to the best of my knowledge.

Back