image898.jpg

Bravo Matthewr1990's T-Jet Bravo Dynamic

Introduction

So after months of looking around, researching, test driving and even a little fight (don't ask). I have finally got myself a Bravo. And what a beauty she is. It's a (57 plate), Dynamic, T-jet 120.

Goodbye Megane. You horrible excuse of a car!

Now can someone point me in the direction of a new brain. Even the climate control confuses the hell out of me LMAO. Gonna need a really good read of the manual.

Anyway. The car has a full service history and only has 57,000 miles, it had got a broken glove box but the garage is sorting this for me. It's coming with 9 months mot, 6 months tax and warranty, it's just had new belt's, water pump, brakes and two front tyres. It's in beautiful shape with no dents although there is paint work damage on the rear bumper. It's not deep, they're just surface scratches and no dent so god knows what they hit or did lmao. But it's not severe and barely visible from a distance, so it will be sorted when and if I'm ready.

QUESTION: being as this is a 57 plate car. Will it be able to connect to my iPhone 5 with a software update and the right connector?

So anyway without further ado here she is. She will have a name in due time

Good looking interior

Considering it's 6 years old, the upholstery is immaculate

Beautiful colour

So what do you think?
Re: My new Bravo :D

Ahh man! Was hoping to avoid doing that. Headlining drops easily from the back then? Guessing the two interior lights will need to come out? Anything else?
Also is there any sealant around the rubber or does the force of the bolt pull the rubber flush to the roof?

Assuming its like the Stilo (unit base looks the same) then no glue / sealant to worry about.

Headlining dropping is a pig though, at the rear in the middle is some stupid plastic support bar which is glued the the headlining and goes through a lug hole in the rear roof cross member, with a one way hook, ie push in and can't then get back out. With mine I ended up chopping it in the end. Mine did have the sky dome though, so not sure it it's something all Bravo's have or just sky dome models.

My advise though would be not to muck about with it all unless essential though (y)

Assuming its like the Stilo (unit base looks the same) then no glue / sealant to worry about.

Headlining dropping is a pig though, at the rear in the middle is some stupid plastic support bar which is glued the the headlining and goes through a lug hole in the rear roof cross member, with a one way hook, ie push in and can't then get back out. With mine I ended up chopping it in the end. Mine did have the sky dome though, so not sure it it's something all Bravo's have or just sky dome models.

My advise though would be not to muck about with it all unless essential though (y)
Hmm decisions decisions.

Do you have any current pictures of your Fiat Bravo mate?

:slayer:

I had my grill done brought a second hand one from ebay and used the chrome part off that and kept the original grill as mine was gloss black so i took the chrome surround off my grill you just unclip it maybe prise it with end of a spoon something blunt and I swapped it over so I still have the brand new chrome surround if I wish to put it on.also got another bottom grill as well if anyone after either pm me lol.

I had my grill done brought a second hand one from ebay and used the chrome part off that and kept the original grill as mine was gloss black so i took the chrome surround off my grill you just unclip it maybe prise it with end of a spoon something blunt and I swapped it over so I still have the brand new chrome surround if I wish to put it on.also got another bottom grill as well if anyone after either pm me lol.

how did you get to the chrome surround im looking to take mines out and spray it back.

what grill do you have which is at the bottom ? any pics

I told you to wait for me to post mine! :p

All you are doing is paying £19 for springs..

Something like this would of done the job just fine; http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Medium_Load_Die_Springs_-_Colour_Coded_Blue-2430-c

Which are of course, much cheaper and from the UK the delivery is much faster.

Then of course there is the issue of the weather in the UK. Colder weather will mean that the gas struts won't function as well when the temperature drops. I have fitted custom struts on mine which are both new, and stronger as I had them made to a higher amount of force.

What you are doing is asking 7 year old gas struts to do the job..

If it works, fair play to you! But I honestly doubt it will all year round.

I followed these boys when I thought of the best way of doing my set-up. You can see the amount of effort that goes into designing something to work even in the winter. (y)

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/354400-mito-qv-fully-automated-boot-open-mod-5.html

Last edited:
Back