Technical Marea 1.6 poor power

Currently reading:
Technical Marea 1.6 poor power

rafy

I have a Marea 1.6 with a problem of the power. I tried correct this failure replacing some sensor: Air temperature, Water temperature, MAP, TPS, and cleaned IAC and Injectors too replaced the Fuel Pump and spark and spark leads.

When I turn on the air conditioning the car loss very power, if I try start in a inclined street the car turn off.

I measured the coil resistance and the seconday resistance is 5.1 Kohm in both coils, is this correct? the service manual specification is 9100. Is possible a coil pack completly damaged and with the same resistance?

The car too have others problems, some times shake and I must brake or accelerate completly, is a car few smooth to run, for this cause the main bearing gearbox and the seal shaft was damaged.

When the car is cold and start have flat spots.

I need a orientation for this, please help me.

Power loss is often caused by a collapsed matrix inside the catatyst. The a/c compressor does take noticeable power, but should not stall the engine. When I am using the power steering at low speed with the a/c on my car will stall if I do not use a bit of extra throttle. It is possible for the ECU to go into a "limp home" mode which will be low power, it will be easiest to ask a local garage with diagnostic kit to interrogate the ECU, but I think the 1.6 has a warning light on the dash that should be on if in this mode. I checked my Haynes manual, coil on 1.6 primary is .55 to .61 ohms, secondary 8645 to 9555 ohms, do you have resistor which is known good to calibrate your ohmmeter?

Last edited:
The only chance is to change the coil. Costs about 60 euro. My friend had a similar but yet more serious problem, so, the coil must be the source of your problems. - As i've seen that you have changed complete ignition system except the coil. Try it, nothing to lose.
(y)

I removed the catalitic, the ECU light is OFF. I tested my multimeter and is OK, anyway I have 2 multimeter and show 5.10Kohm. I need to know if this is a correct value for this coil. In my country this coil is VERY expensive and maybe I import from UK or Germany for this reason I need confirm damage in the coil pack. Thanks to all.

This does start to look like coil problems, maybe leakage resistance inside the package. Can you get to a diagnostic tester that measures the HT voltage? When my BX got a cracked plastic you could not see I called out a mobile tester who found it in 10 minutes.

I visited to FIAT store and tested a new coil pack in HT resistance and showed 4.86Kohm, I'm starting to think that correct value in the Haynes is incorrect (9kohm aprox)... I need to know what is the correct value for you. Thanks

Back